• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trimming flares + washer bottle

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
i want to trim my flares out on my 98 xj, i'd like to still be able to have washer fluid to get my windshield clean, how could i still have this? what could i use to fill in the gap between the door and the fender? kids pool noodle?

userbmx1315 said:
i want to trim my flares out on my 98 xj, i'd like to still be able to have washer fluid to get my windshield clean, how could i still have this? what could i use to fill in the gap between the door and the fender? kids pool noodle?
you can get an older washer bottle from an XJ or a different vehicle and mount it inside the engine bay. I am using a tiny bottle out of some ricer style vehicle. You can see the big XJ one here
DSCF3480.JPG
but I have since replaced it with a smaller one.

Last edited:
the only thing about that is that i want to run a strut that holds out the hood, , i like the idea of that tho. does the rear wiper still funtion? what about the hole? what ca i use to plug it up?

Kejtar, could you post a bigger picture? I can seem to read the part number off that washer bottle.

I like the life-sized pic :)

I just wanna know what kind of filter canister that is, and what filter you run inside of it...?

JNickel101 said:

I just wanna know what kind of filter canister that is, and what filter you run inside of it...?
And I want to see more pictures of the whole setup. I'd like to see where that thing comes out... doens't look like you went strait out - did you?

Last edited:
userbmx1315 said:
the only thing about that is that i want to run a strut that holds out the hood, , i like the idea of that tho. does the rear wiper still funtion? what about the hole? what ca i use to plug it up?
rear wiper works and IIRC everything fit with the exception of one of the wire connectors so I just respliced the old onto new.

JNickel101 said:

it's a rover canister and it has a regular paper filter inside.

jmowens said:
And I want to see more pictures of the whole setup. I'd like to see where that thing comes out... doens't look like you went strait out - did you?
that's what it connects to
DSCF3506.JPG

I ran a big rubber air intake hose from IIRC a FORD truck inside of the fender towards the spot where the snorkel comes out.

Back