• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift question

5.5 is to big if your not upgrading your control arms because when they are at that steep of an angel your front end will want to be pushed back towards the rear when trying to crawl over a rock our ledge ect.

at 5.5, you'll either need long arms, or should really consider drop brackets along with adjustable control arms...

On my 91 you cannot even fit the 4.5 springs without upgrading control arms, the control arm does not allow enough drop in the axle to squeeze them in....that's why my 4.5" springs are sitting in my garage with the rest of the components installed:bawl: ....forgot about the LCA's. It's my first lift.

To the second part of the question I currently have 3" of front lift without upgrading the control arms, but your axle will be off center if you do not get the track bar and make the adjustments.

Just ran into this problem two days ago.
91 Woody is correct, I just put on 4.5", I lenghtend the stock arms so i could mock up the lift for axle fab, and found that you cannot rotate the axle back far enough to hook up UCA's, the lower arms hit the coil brackets... So grab some tubing bend up some arms and that worked.

Now if oyu compressed the springs ,that would make a difference.

I had compressors on the spring, but it's just too far. Besides, the tires would be eating fender if you could stuff them in there anyway.

Back