• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its Snowing Like Mad

Teamoatmealpie

NAXJA Forum User
FYI, its been snowing like mad since Sunday in the Cascades. I live in Rhododendron at the base of Mt.Hood and took a ride up to Timberline, they had about a foot or more of fresh as of 1:00PM Sunday afternoon.
It was even snowing down here at 1600 ft, this morning, so I imagine it hasnt stopped.

Nothing like wheeling on the first good snow.

I really want it to snow here. Buuut in the middle of southeast Portland it doesn't like to much.

I've never wheeled in the snow. This'll be my first season. I'm lookin foreward to it. Whats a typical snowy wheeling setup like? Just like normal?

I was at Wildcat Mt Road Road last night and it was snowing like crazy, there was also allready about a foot of snow on the ground as well. Can't wait for more.

jeepboy381 said:
I was at Wildcat Mt Road Road last night and it was snowing like crazy, there was also allready about a foot of snow on the ground as well. Can't wait for more.

where at on wildcat? like the mopar yard, or gravel pit?

We went up to the gravel pit and then turned around and went all the way to the end of the road. There was just a trace of snow at the Mopar parts yard.

85xj4dr said:
I really want it to snow here. Buuut in the middle of southeast Portland it doesn't like to much.

I've never wheeled in the snow. This'll be my first season. I'm lookin foreward to it. Whats a typical snowy wheeling setup like? Just like normal?

I wouldn't suggest removing the doors, and I like to bring extra socks.

If you're with a decent sized group, survival gear probably isn't so necessary, but I'd just make sure you bring enough clothing to stay warm. Other than that all the recovery gear is the same basically.

I was up around 4500' last Sunday near Sno. Pass and it was snowing pretty hard too:

Cimg3429.jpg

Cimg3427.jpg

Cimg3428.jpg

tinkham11-07033.jpg

Cimg3471.jpg

It got me itching for a snow run! :)

-----Matt-----

Back