• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant Leak

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
It is hit or miss but sometimes after I shut my Jeep down I start leaking coolant from the front passenger side of the Jeep. It sis this before and I have since replaced the entire cooling system. It's not coming from the upper radiator hose and it's not coming from the over fill tank. Any idea what could leak that is on the passenger side? It was dark out by the time I got home so I couldn't fully inspect it.

recently replaced radiator with leaking seam on pass side. radiator drain XXXX is behind grill at lower pass side. heater pipe (threaded into water pump) turns 90* and runs along valve cover on pass side about 1/2 way down engine, where hose is attached. heater hose from thermostat and heater valve is also on pass side at least on 80's and 90s models. bottom line lots of places to leak, and many on that side. good luck

New clamps, new hoses? Try tweeking the clamps a little tighter. After expanding and contracting they may just ahve settled in, usually a cause of cold water leakage.

PM me when you can get up to SF. I'm off the next two days and can pressure test for you.

I got out my drop light and looked around. It is coming from the bottom of the radiator right behind the fan. There is no evidence of leaking from up top. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic.

Boatwrench said:
PM me when you can get up to SF. I'm off the next two days and can pressure test for you.

Where in SF are you? I'm there every day for work. I work on 25th and Minnasota, right off 3rd. Either way we should get together for lunch some time and put the faces to the names.

RadLeak.jpg

I used to work for Muni at 23rd & Minnesota, now work in the east bay. I am on Cesar Chavez between Church & Sanchez.

The rad is brand new. Everything is brand new. Rad, hoses, water pump, tstat, tstat housing. It was leaking in the exact same place with the old rad also. It's the clutch fan. The clutch fan is good. It's not a constant leak, only when I shut it down after driving sometimes.

just a follow-up to see if you ever figured out where your leak is coming from? I am exeriencing a similar leak and was going to need a place to start if you had one. Thanks.

Back