• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check engine light -- code 45 -- 1997

Deyman

NAXJA Forum User
My xj's been running fine and on the way home from work after about 5 mins the CEL light came on. At first I thought it was just the faulty connector plug issue behind the gauges, but the usual bang on the dash trick didn't work. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with its performance. When I got home (about 20 mins) I did the key trick to check the codes and got a "45". Anyone know WTF this code is? It's a 1997 sport. Everything I found for 97s and newer don't even have a code 45 listed! Like I said, it's running fine so far. I'll pull the cable off the battery to reset the computer and see if it throws the code again. Any guesses?

If you have not disconnected the battery, just run it by one of the major auto parts store....they usually check them for free.

I would not trust the key cycle trick with the OBDII system....but thats just me and I happen to have a code reader: )

Good Luck!!

Back