• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts for B-pack

sublime600

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I want to get my bastard pack done this week, where can i buy leaf clamps and center pins in South Jersey without having to use the internet. They would all take till next week to ship, I dont know of any spring shops. So could I use bolts from Lowes? What did you guys use as spring clamps? Thanks!

Try your Yellow Pages. Then let your fingers do the walking. Auto parts stores? Surely South Jersey has a few of them near you. Measure the width {diameter} of your axle to be sure you get the appropriate ubolts and make sure they are long enough to deal with your new leaf thickness. You will probably be cutting them down later so longer is better than shorter. Once you find that spring shop, you may want to see if they have shims as well. And get a couple extra center pins in case you damage the threads during installation. Of course they will have universal leaf clamps but you might reuse those on the pak or make your own. I left the clamps on my s10 pak but grooved, bent straight and re welded them then drilled and added a 3 inch bolt. Grade five or better for all hardware. Don't trust a Lowe's ubolt to keep your axle connected.

Last edited:
Hey man should have asked. Go to the hardware store grab 2 5/16" bolts around 3" long. Take the head of the bolt to the grinder and round it off, now you have a center pin. If you are using shims get a bolt that is threaded all the way down and double nut it before rounding the head on the grinder.

For spring clamps in a pinch go to autozone and buy the leafspring clamps they sell there and use them while you order the ones online they work fine but are bulky, dont mount them behind a tire because they will rub it.

Try a farm store like a TSC or something similar.
I realize you said you are located in South Jersey.......but there has to be a farm store of some sort half way close. They should have everything you need. I picked up all of my stuff I needed at a local farm store. You can use a SHCS (socket head cap screw)for center pins. They will be black, and have an allen head. They will work great, and are grade 12.9.

Hale

I'm going to look for it but I saw a link on here that showed how to make your own spring clamps. It was flat steel bent in a u shape and a bolt through the ends. simple and beefy looking.

Back