• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackles: boomerang or straight?

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
im putting a budget boost and some longarms on my 4.5inch lift (i currently have the stock shackles and full leaf packs in the back)

so should i get regular extended shackles, such as rustys or teraflex?

or buy boomerang shackles from tnt or rubicon express?

I know some ppl say that the boomerang give better flex but why is this? and ive searched and found some opinons but id like a clear answer for this.

I personally hated my teraflex revolvers. Lots chatter felt unsafe. So after loosing my ass on some junk i thought oh what the hell so i just bought the rough country ones thats like 45 bucks. LOVE EM simple and cheap

the only reason to run the boomerang shackles are for body/shackle box clearance, such as when running longer springs or a relocated shackle mount.

you can of course also run them without longer springs or relocated shackle mount.

get whatever is cheaper

tjmwr7 said:
I personally hated my teraflex revolvers. Lots chatter felt unsafe. So after loosing my ass on some junk i thought oh what the hell so i just bought the rough country ones thats like 45 bucks. LOVE EM simple and cheap

i was just talking about regular teraflex shackles but ive heard that about the revolvers too.

so do most jeeps run into clearence issues with the rear shackle?

Not with as much lift as you have. What LA Upgrade you putting on?

Nice i was orginally going to do the ruby upgrade for my 4.5"
But this TnT is growing on me.Really like the curve in the lower arms.
Sucks you have to paint the damn thing

Damn you lucky bastard what are the chances. I guess that works so you can paint the color you want. I guess i always liked the ruby cuz my cherokee is silvery gray. What lift do you have now?

Back