• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

knuckle and spring contact

4wdParakeet

NAXJA Forum User
So I did a couple tests yesterday to see if I would need to trim with the new 33's. I stuff great with no contact with the tires. The bad thing is I contact with my knuckles to my spring. After talking with some of the guys they said I'm missing the spring retainers. Where can I get them or what have you guys been doing to fix this issue. Oh yea my junk is an 89 2dr xj with 4 to 4.5" and 33x13.5x15 pit bull rockers. The coils say Rustys 405 on them so I know it's a rustys lift.

Parakeet

Spring retaining clip at the bottom? where they sit in the "bucket"? or the rubber isolator up top?

if your springs are touching your knuckles, you've got major centering issues - do you have an adjustable track bar?

The retaining clip at the bottom. and I think if it was a centering issue it would be one knuckle that was touching and the other wouldn't be. Both sides are sitting on the knuckle.

Parakeet

you can get the retaining clips from Rusty's Offroad, or you can just go to a junkyard and get some...or make you're own...its just a piece of metal with a hole in one end and a bend in the middle....

I dont see how spring retaining clips would cause you to hit your knuckes....you sure the coils are for an XJ? can you post a pic?

knuckle.jpg

Sorry it's not the best pic but I didn't have my digi there so all I had was my phone.

Parakeet

Back