• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear seat squeek

maybe2fast

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone elses rear seat squeek? I thought it was the spare tire but turns out its the rear backrest squeeking while driving. I hate nothing more than things squeeking while driving. :firedevil

Try making a couple wraps around the upper posts on the backrest with some electrical tape. May not completely get rid of the squeek but it worked wonders on my 91.

Get some hook and loop Velcro with adhesive on it. Use the fuzzy part on the latches. The post on the seat back goes into the C shaped latch on the cargo sidewall. Cut a 1.5 inch long piece of the fuzzy and put in on the top part of the C shaped latch. 1/2 of the 1.5 inch fuzzy goes on the top outside and then other 1/2 wraps around to the inside of the C shape.

maybe2fast said:
Does anyone elses rear seat squeek? I thought it was the spare tire but turns out its the rear backrest squeeking while driving. I hate nothing more than things squeeking while driving. :firedevil

Could be a door gasket. Tought something was squeaking inside the rear doors, tore them apart, nothing. Finally lubed the door gasket, squeak disappeared. However it has since come back......

Yeah sounds like chipmunks F-ing in the back.
I used a 3in. wide ratchet strap, hooked it to pivot on backrest and use it to secure bandpass box. Now even if it for some crazy reason it starts again I can't hear it

I used 710 lubricant on every pivot point for the back seat, including the spare tire hold down. Did the trick, no more squeeks.

lol @ harlee

electrical tape or duct tape works

Mine was sqeeking because of the pivot. I took soem rubber washers and put them on there and then the latch started up!!Hasta

Mine squeeked like that too, after pulling the seats it still squueked, it was a broken spot weld in the inner drivers quarter

My rear seat squeaks. Mine does it because the bolt for the seat rusted off along with the seat belt. It isnt to loud so I turn up the music. The loud clunk from the hatch bothers me the most.

I had the same rear seat squeek issue in mine, electrical tape would make it go away for a couple of days, but then it would come back. One day about six months ago, I was installing a new stereo and was heat shrinking my wires, when it occured to me that heat shrink tubing just might do the trick. So I put a piece of shrink tube over the metal rod that goes into the lock, gave a quick shot from the heat gun, and NO more squeek. Haven't had to mess with it since. I put my back seat up and down on a regular basis, and have very minimal wear on the tubing. Give it a try, I'll bet it solves your issue.

mtnxj said:
I had the same rear seat squeek issue in mine, electrical tape would make it go away for a couple of days, but then it would come back. One day about six months ago, I was installing a new stereo and was heat shrinking my wires, when it occured to me that heat shrink tubing just might do the trick. So I put a piece of shrink tube over the metal rod that goes into the lock, gave a quick shot from the heat gun, and NO more squeek. Haven't had to mess with it since. I put my back seat up and down on a regular basis, and have very minimal wear on the tubing. Give it a try, I'll bet it solves your issue.
Dam good idea!

if it WAS the door gasket, you can lube it with rubbing alcohol.... supposedly your supposed to do this as maint. ?

i had this problem on an s10 blazer

MTNXJ, Great Idea!
Harlee&Tahoe, Your funny. Jay Leno could use you right about now. :)

Blaine B. said:
I thought rubbing alcohol would dry the door seal out?
X2 I use the black magic wet stuff that I used on my gf's Accord coupe. My is an 85 and my door seals are fine no tears not brittle anymore. they were pretty nasty when I got them but I just used a tooth brush and cleaned them real ggod and use that tire stuff on them now.

Back