• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear axle

tazfromiowa

NAXJA Forum User
hello this is my first post but im desperate, i blew the pinion on my 88 xj tonight and im needing a rear axle for as low a price as possible hopefully in the des moines iowa areaif anyone knows of one email me

Man that sucks, cause I got a Chrysler 8.25 laying around that I picked up from a XJ brother not too long ago.
Your 88 has a D35 in it right? If I remember correctly, the driveshafts are different, pinions different etc. from a d35 to a 8.25.

PM sent.

97CountryXJ said:
Man that sucks, cause I got a Chrysler 8.25 laying around that I picked up from a XJ brother not too long ago.
Your 88 has a D35 in it right? If I remember correctly, the driveshafts are different, pinions different etc. from a d35 to a 8.25.

PM sent.

I just put a 29 spline 8.25 in my 90 that had the "Turdy-5". Dropped right in, used the same shaft. The 8.25 shaft was too short, the 35 shaft worked ok. You only need new U bolts and U-joint straps.

tazfromiowa said:
hello this is my first post but im desperate, i blew the pinion on my 88 xj tonight and im needing a rear axle for as low a price as possible hopefully in the des moines iowa areaif anyone knows of one email me
I got a 8.35 for sale if you wanna drive to SC to get it or send a freight truck! :)

This needs to be moved...

Back