• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**URGENT** Quick Lift Question

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
okayi got the OME 3 inch lift kit and im doing the front coils now alright..

Do I use both these things? or just the new ones

dgsdfdv4.jpg

the one that was on the jeep+the one supplied in the kit?

ggmn7.jpg

I dont want to end up with 4 inches in the front or something!

Thanks - and I am taking a ton of pics and will do a full write up on it tomarrow night!

Use what came with the kit and the OEM isolator.

Hale

Install just like you have them in the pic.

sweet thanks guys!

NAXJA :loveu:

how do i tighten down the upper shock mount bolt???

Funny you should ask, I just replaced my shocks today.
New shocks, new bushings, etc. I tightened mine down where the bushings started to mushroom out slightly. Nice firm tight fit to the body metal. FSM sais 8 ft.lbs. for the top bolt, and 17ft.lbs for the bottom.

8 ft lbs?

You can do the passenger side with an impact but the driver's side....you'll have to use a stout ratchet and a deepsocket since the master cylinder is right above.

got the front done!!

excepth the discos and swaybar... fuckkk that star bolt thing

i cut that long bolt (thick too) with the sawzall so i could get my springs up thru there.

what do you recomend to get the bolt stub out (theyre stripped now) haha

Mtb Jak said:
got the front done!!

excepth the discos and swaybar... fuckkk that star bolt thing

i cut that long bolt (thick too) with the sawzall so i could get my springs up thru there.

what do you recomend to get the bolt stub out (theyre stripped now) haha

The swaybar "star bolt things" are not bolts at all. They are splined studs, and do not twist/turn, they have to come straight out. IIRC, when I did mine, I took a sawzall to both the head and the bolt. Then I just punched out what was left in the bracket. I believe I put a little MAP gas to it.

I believe some have used a ball-joint press successfully.

Hale

propanne torching how long do i wait till i stop heating it?

I did it for mad long and it didnt turn red hot

I cut the head ends flush and drilled a little divet hole on the head side which way should i be hitting to knock it out the rest?

(woulda just went and got the damn thing from the store but i already cut 2 much :dunce:)

just take your whole sway bar assembly off the jeep and work with it like that...i'm guessing you got some quick discos? JKS i hope :)

I just put on some KJS quicker quick disconnects last night. I had to drill through what was left of the driver's sides lower "star" stud. But it worked out.

I bought the KJS quick disconnects from a friend. I believe they are the 4-6" lift type (the longest pair out of the 3 JKS have available). I have them as short as they will go and I believe they are too tall for my 3.5" lift. But hell, I got a good price and I'm going taller eventually. Just one less thing to upgrade later down the road I suppose :)

IIRC, they recommend 10-15 degrees setting on the outer length of the sway bar for optimum handling. Adjust your discos to meet this angle. Angle finders are cheap, less than $10.

I ran without a swaybar for 5 months. It was ok. But now I can take curves and stuff faster without a bit of body roll. Of course I had HD springs, if I didn't I'm sure the roll would be more.

Okay dropping the rear to get the 3 inch ome lift packs in and the brake line is pretty taught and wont let us get the leaf in.

Is there a trick for this?

Back