• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 XJ NSS?

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
Ok my Jeep runs great for me. My girlfriend uses it and 5 times will not start. It is a automatic with the 4.0. I'm assuming NSS. Problem is I just had carpal tunnel surgery 2 days ago and am disabled.:gee: How hard would it be too have her do it although she has no idea what a ratchet is? Is it going to be too complicated or hard for her, due to it probably being corroded on the shaft? :shhh: I have a company van that is it for now. She cannot drive it. My 96 is in the garage patiently waiting for me to remove the lift kit. Oh she did say that the gauges moved but the starter would not engage. I had the starter tested and know it is good.

YEah just put it in neutral. If it still won't start then hold the key in the start position and wiggle the shifter. It'll start - I have to do it everyday.

Ok went to leave the house for the deer stand at 530 this morning. Don't tell the Doc lol. Anyways I'm using a pistol. Would not start played with the shifter for about 15 minutes. Tried neutral and park no luck. Came in the house to call buddy and tried it 2 minutes later and it fired right up. It was 18 degrees this morning.

Back