• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S10 main leaf

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
The poeple have done this spring swap, how much lift did you get, using what combos. I am thinking of just using the main leaf from an s10 pack in place my RE 3.5 inch main spring to get a better shackle angle. what do you think? how much arch do these have?

I didn't actually check, but I think the s 10 spring is too long. Also, I don't think you could ever get any kind of good angle/flex from a stock shackle. They are too short.

2000bluexj said:
The poeple have done this spring swap, how much lift did you get, using what combos. I am thinking of just using the main leaf from an s10 pack in place my RE 3.5 inch main spring to get a better shackle angle. what do you think? how much arch do these have?

Give it a try. It Never hurts to try things out and be a pioneer on here! I'm using about 3 of the leafs from an s-10 pack and I am netting about 4.5" of lift.

Before the great crash or 07 there was a guy who mentioned some Dodge van leafs that had the same front to center pin (I believe 23") that the XJ main does, but longer in the rear section.

Anybody remember which thread I am talking about.

I've got the XJ main leaf and all the S-10 springs except the overload. I got bout 4" of lift. I cut and smoothed the eyes just a hair past the bends to keep the cuts from rubbing the XJ spring. Put the long end towards the front when you put it together. If your looking for about 3-3 1/2" of lift the S-10 spring will bolt right up with out the XJ main. I know some that run the over load but if your gona crawl your jeep it will catch on every little rock or ledge you get on.

balloo93 said:
Before the great crash or 07 there was a guy who mentioned some Dodge van leafs that had the same front to center pin (I believe 23") that the XJ main does, but longer in the rear section.

Anybody remember which thread I am talking about.

I have been lookig for this thread! every once in a while i see a dodge van at the junkyard but never when i have a tape measure

anyone know how much longer the s10 spring is than an xj? im hoping it will be a littlel onger to help my shackle angle. i am using the re shackle as well. so it has actually has 4.5 advertised lift in back which measuers prob 5 to 6.

It is to long from the frame end (front of jeep) to the center pin. This will move your axle back and you will have to address drive line issues as well as brake line issues. Plus trimming issues due to moving axle back.

You want the Dodge Van main leaf linked to above which has the same length from the center pin to the frame end (front of jeep) but is a couple inches longer on the shackle end (rear of jeep) to center pin.

tgoff said:
It is to long from the frame end (front of jeep) to the center pin. This will move your axle back and you will have to address drive line issues as well as brake line issues. Plus trimming issues due to moving axle back.

You want the Dodge Van main leaf linked to above which has the same length from the center pin to the frame end (front of jeep) but is a couple inches longer on the shackle end (rear of jeep) to center pin.
I could also redrill the center pin on the s10 leaf. well, i might try the van leaf once i have some extra $

Back