• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for Employment in Portland

TheAlmightySam

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I know this is sort of a lame post and all, but, you never know who's looking for a worker, right?

Anyway, time for me to find something new to help finance my trip to college, and I wanted to see if anyone in Portland knew of any job opportunities, particularly in the automotive field. My main experience has been in customer service, as a service writer for an independant repair shop up in Seattle, and, without tooting my horn TOO much, I was excellent at it. People skills are my forte. I excel under pressure, and have an outstanding work ethic.

Does anyone work for a shop that could use a part-time person to answer phones, take care of customers and paperwork, and help keep the office end of things square? I'm more than happy to help out in fabrication and production as well, but in front of a phone and a computer is where I shine most of all.

If you are willing to commute we have a couple postitions open in newberg, at Newberg Dodge, either detail/lot attendant, most flexible hours or sales, not really felxible and fulltime.

I doubt its something you are interested in but thought I would throw it out there for you.

be a hero and join the Coast Guard. with your experience, you'd be a good MK ( machinery technician). have them pay for college and 4 years goes by very fast. plus you'll never end up in the gulf. get on a ship and travel to central america and party. good times.

You know, I had to read that twice to make sure you weren't stalking me - my girlfriend just purchased a nice 2-bedroom in St. Johns, and just so happens to run a home business out of it... but not the business I think you're referring to :) .

Appreciate the offer in Newberg, but that's a bit more of a commute than I'm interested in, what with the lovely mileage my Jeep gets. Much much appreciated, though.

For a number of reasons, the Coast Guard just isn't really up my alley. I have the utmost respect for those who choose to join any of our branches of the armed forces, and wish them all the best of luck and safety, but it simply isn't for me.

Oh, and I learned today that I am excellent at dropping torque wrenches on my foot. I'll add that to my resume :) .

Back