• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fixed Prob...But Still Leaking??

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
I was spewing antifreeze out of my coolant tank from underneath the cap on hot days. Bought a new cap and still did nothing. Bought a brand new tank and cap and boom! no more spewing out of the cap and my temp seems to be staying lower that it has been (im guessing because of the pressure) but today i get home and shut it off and then about 2 hours later i come out and see a huge spot on the ground where i was parked and it ran sideways a bit past my car, but it wasnt antifreeze, im guessing it was water?? and i cant tell if it came from me or not, it has no scent and i saw no wet areas when i looked in the engine, so i drove it up to the grocery store and got out and waited then i saw some drippage. let it drip on my hand, and it was antifreeze. but i cant tell where its coming from. It was leaking onto the top of my steering stabilizer and then running down that onto the ground. it didnt leak much but trying to figure out what is going on. thanks

did you have your a/c on?

i have no a/c. my dad was thinking it might be my water pump, but dont they usually make noises when they go bad? im just trying to figure out where the damn antifreeze is coming from

if it was just water then it is not the water pump that pumps coolant

try to trace the water if you cant wipe all the water off the underside start it up and let it run to see where it is coming from

Back