• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rancho RS9000X Install

Alienspecimen

NAXJA Forum User
I bought recently a set of Rancho RS9000X shocks with the in-cabin remote system.
My goal was to do it at the end of the summer, but my original shocks crapped earlier. Since I did not want to break the top bolts on the rear, I started spraying them sometime in May. So, there is your rule of the thumb-spray just a little for a month and a half or more and you'll never brake a bolt. Interestingly enough, I installed the front shocks two weeks later (this weekend), because, I could not take off the top bolt despite the daily PB Blaster treatment and finally gave up and just cut it...
When the Rancho's came, I couldn't wait to see them, but as soon as I took them out of the box, I was not impressed. The welding beads...anything but sexy...It looked more like they were done after the work day had finished...same for the paint.
No instructions whatsoever. Not that I need them for the installation, but whats puzzling is the fact that they are nine point adjustable shocks, but when turned manually, you get five clicks despite the fact that the dial shows nine levels-you get five clicks and that's all....mystery.
I have not installed the remote system yet, if you would like to help me, please, contribute to this tread:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93164
If you decide to install them, you must be aware that the rear top bolts do not match and you have to make modifications if you broke the original ones.
The shock replacement was an improvement and they do work. I had them set at the hardest setting and the feeling was that I drove a carriage...Now the setting is in the "middle" and it drives much better than the Sequoya a friend of mine recently bought. I am planning on replacing the bushings all around the car with poly ones really soon...
So, this is my overall impression-low quality shock, I don't expect it to last for a long time and would not recommend it to anyone, but you do whatever you want.
Boris
P.S. Give yourself a favor, don't try to email technical support, unless you have at least three weeks...just call them.

Back