• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thanksgiving plans?

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
i know cal is doing his annual mojave road thing, and im doing my annual glamis thing....

we will both be out in the desert enjoying the dry side of mother nature for a change, if you've never been out running around the desert before i encourage you to join up with either of our groups, it should be a blast!

i cant speak for cal's trip, but as far as glamis is concerned cell phones work out there so shoot me a PM if you want to come down and hang out, i'll give you my number and we can meet up. anyone is totally welcome to come out, join our camp, party it up in the middle of nowhere with a few thousand other people :D

so what is everyone else up to this thanksgiving??

I'll be out at Gordon's Well. We normally spend ten days out in the dunes during the Thanksgiving week, but this year we had intended on going
to Goatfest for four days, come home, clean up and reload then head out to the dunes for the rest of the week.
But....
The damn Volleyball team keeps on winning, putting a damper on my plans!
Instead of heading out this Thursday night to JV, I'll be having practice then head to the League Championship match on Saturday. Win or lose we will be playing in the State Tournament on Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving, win that one then we have a game on Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend...
My wife wants me to take her and the RV, buggies and such out to the dunes this Friday to stay with our friends that will be out there, then drive back for all the other volleyball games...
Oh well, I probably won't be needing to worry about this ever happening again.
:D

Mike, shoot me your cell # and we will see if we can hook up out at the dunes.

Rick

oh, there will be no cell phone coverage where i'm at. Mojave Road is about as desolate as it gets.

Who the hell would you need to call though - I'll be in cb range? ;)

cal said:
oh, there will be no cell phone coverage where i'm at. Mojave Road is about as desolate as it gets.

Who the hell would you need to call though - I'll be in cb range? ;)

CB? Maybe 2m.

if you see me out there come say hello. we usually post up on the hill by oldsmobile, to your left when you are looking at the face of it. my xj will probably be the only rig out there with mud on it ;).
IMG_0016.jpg

and i wont have my black rims, i have my sand tires back on with stock steelies.

GrimmJeeper said:
if you see me out there come say hello. we usually post up on the hill by oldsmobile, to your left when you are looking at the face of it. my xj will probably be the only rig out there with mud on it ;).
and i wont have my black rims, i have my sand tires back on with stock steelies.

Since we usually camp off of Olds road, I think odds are pretty good that I will see ya.

Going over to Remi's house to watch him rip out his interior and apply thermal paint...and ask "Why?"

xjohnnyc said:
Going over to Remi's house to watch him rip out his interior and apply thermal paint...and ask "Why?"
so........ I don't have to worry about the water that enters my rig as I open the door while I'm stuck in water :D

I wouldn't know anything about that. :)

GrimmJeeper said:
i know cal is doing his annual mojave road thing, and im doing my annual glamis thing....

we will both be out in the desert enjoying the dry side of mother nature for a change, if you've never been out running around the desert before i encourage you to join up with either of our groups, it should be a blast!

Come out in the summer ya sissies... dry is the norm for sure... .19" this yr.
Might spend a day in Truckhaven.... and a day out east of Chiriaco Summit.
I'll be out at least two of the three.... I'd love to roll with Cal on the Mojave Rd., but dinner at the outlaws takes precedence..

I also might try to get a trip together after the first of the year out east of Indio.... no major wheel'n just a fun trip... for those who like the desert.

Everyone enjoy their holiday and be safe.

Curt

Xtreme XJ said:
I'd love to roll with Cal on the Mojave Rd., but dinner at the outlaws takes precedence...
So leave after dinner! We'll be camping at Fort Piute Thursday night, leaving there around 8 or 9 Friday morning. Cal's got an earlier post with maps, gps coords, etc.

Hildy said:
So leave after dinner! We'll be camping at Fort Piute Thursday night, leaving there around 8 or 9 Friday morning. Cal's got an earlier post with maps, gps coords, etc.

I'd probably get there at about 2300hrs. That's a little too hard on the kidlets.
And maybe on the marriage too.... LOL !!
Someday...

Curt

Should be fun. Robby Gordon should be out there with his P2D H3. The bodywork is being done right now. Should put on quite a show. haha

Scouting weekend for me. I'd love to wheel, but I made a commitment.

Back