• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on axles from a 1977 dodge 3/4 ton

Doyle

NAXJA Forum User
I found a 1977 3/4 ton dodge cheap, the seller says it has a D60 rear with a HP D44 front, I was curious if anyone had an opinion on the front axle for a full width xj swap, not sure if the D60 would work out for me, I was thinking more along the lines of D44's f and r, but who knows, this is not something I would do immediately more alone the lines of find axles, gear/lock/shafts, then have one of my buddies that runs a shop swap them in for me, leafs rear, coils front, obviously would need new shock and springs mounts rear, new coil and trailing arm mounts fron along with shock mounts.

quite a bit of work, but I figure if i actually plan out something it should turn out decent.

Just curious if the axles are worth $800 it would take to buy the truck to scavenge them out of, or if I should keep looking.

Back