• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a problem with Accel's Rotor for the 4.0?

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Got the Accel truck tune up kit from Jegs, its plugs, wires, a cap, and rotor.

Everything went on great, except the rotor. It seems to be too wide and too tall to fit on the distributor on my 94 4.0. Has anyone else had this problem? I re-installed the old one as I needed the Jeep running today.

The parts that did work however made a huge difference... I just picked up this Jeep, no idea when the plugs/wires were last changed but the plugs were pretty much done. It idles and runs alot smoother now.

i show two different rotor buttons on a 94 4.0

fd308.jpg

Distributor #53006150 uses a FR133 (gp sorenson)

fd316.jpg

Distributor #4723067 uses a FR163 (gp sorenson)

Yeah, there are two different rotors. It seems you never know which one you need unless you take the old one out and compare it at a parts store.

FWIW - When you buy a Mopar tune-up kit, they give you both rotors.

I don't think tha one pictured are the issue for this guy. I got the wrong rotor last month and it was TOTALLY wrong. Absolutely NO DOUBT wrong as a matter of fact. Good to know that the guy at the store wasn't just remedial.

XgeekstarX said:
i show two different rotor buttons on a 94 4.0

fd308.jpg

Distributor #53006150 uses a FR133 (gp sorenson)

fd316.jpg

Distributor #4723067 uses a FR163 (gp sorenson)

interesting... very interesting.

that looks about right for the difference between the two.

Otherwise the accel kit is great IMO. I wonder if Jegs will take a return of the rotor but not the rest of the kit. If not, no big deal, someone here might want it.

Back