• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Western WA M&G QUESTION!!!

Metal Thrasher

NAXJA Forum User
The Rock called and confirmed the date and made an offer: If there will be at least 30 persons having dinner there they will set up a buffet just for the meeting room. Their buffet consists of salad, pasta, soda and various pizza's (they toss out all different sorts and will fill requests). The price is less than $12 per person. By counting the private and posted responses I believe we are expecting appox. 28 persons at this time. I would guess that a few would order from the menu rather than partake of the buffett (?). So give me some responses here as to your thoughts. Buffett, menu, bringing more than just yourself?

I hope to see lots of people there.... Especially those who promised to buy me a birthday drink! :viking: :cheers: . :party:

I will be there with 5 of us. The buffet sounds like a great idea but I have learned the hard way over and over and over and over again. Someone has to be responsible for the entire amount and you will NEVER get the $12 from each person.

I would leave it alone and let each person order what they want and pay for it directly. It might end up costing more, but doesn't leave someone paying for other!!

Michael

i think michael is right. too short of notice with too many things could change and make it more of a hassle than a benefit.

"If" I make it, I will be solo. I vote no on the buffet as well. Great idea, maybe next time.

Hans

Yeah, good idea, but not enough lead-in time or firm commitment. I'll be there regardless, most likely solo. (all the Jeep talk would bore the wife to tears) I might bring my kids. They like pizza, and they can play vids or listen to their i-pods while the Jeep guys get all geeked-up talking shop.

Back