• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BAJA 1000 news

wow i hope the rider turns out ok, i have a friend from one of the other local napa stores that is racing moto in the 1000, i hope its not him that got hurt... thanks for the news chris.

GrimmJeeper said:
wow i hope the rider turns out ok, i have a friend from one of the other local napa stores that is racing moto in the 1000, i hope its not him that got hurt... thanks for the news chris.
no worries, I'll pm you the rider's name so you can check in, rather than public posting out of respect, hope he is ok!

my buddy is down there doing pits for a guy in the stock class but I dont even see their truck in the latest stats...

KRAKER said:
My cousin is driving a 12 car down there right now. I hope he's ok. Dan Martin 1212
cool deal, looks like he was at race mile 405 hauling ass at 61mph a few minutes ago, good luck!

damn sad to hear. Hope everyones all right.

KRAKER said:
My cousing grabbed 3rd
awesome, that is quite the accomplishment!

There is a great battle going on between two of the jeepspeeds, 1705 and 1734, they are closing in on each other pretty quickly, should be an interesting finish!
Can be tracked from the IRC south, if anybody is interested, I have been glued to my pooter for the last few days, my wife is thinking I'm nuts, but hey, I am doing everything I can to make it happen for next year.

40 ish miles until they should be finishing!

hey chris my buddy is running moto class but hes not on that page, maybe there is an amatuer class or something... his number is 283x, any idea how i can find out how hes doing?

GrimmJeeper said:
hey chris my buddy is running moto class but hes not on that page, maybe there is an amatuer class or something... his number is 283x, any idea how i can find out how hes doing?
looks like he may have DNF'd, here is a list of the finishers as of now, last checkpoint closes at 6pm tonight so I doubt he is still going as the motos started out at around 6:30am two days ago(if he is still going he must be BURNT). The link above only works if they have the tracker installed but here are the results so far:
10 starters:
SPORTSMAN >250cc
253X RIP WOODARD
250X JEFF LEONARD
261X LUKE TERRY
263X SEAN HOERNKE
276X MIKE GILBERT
278X BRANDT ANDERSON
283X BILL EDDINGS
285X KEVIN CHENEY

edit, sorry , can't find the official finishers list, but they do have a 53-hour time limit to finish so...

Last edited:
Back