• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Minimum lift for 32" Tires

upstatejeeper

NAXJA Forum User
What is the minimum lift required for 32" tires? I have a pretty mint 2000 XJ so I dont want to trim the fenders or do any body work. I was looking at installing a RE6030 3.5" lift in the spring. Thanks in advance.

for no trimming, you'd probably have to go at least to 4.5 or even 5"+

i believe rstarch345 is running 5" with no cutting and 32s....he has a VERY nice looking rig. 2000 XJ as well.

upstatejeeper said:
What is the minimum lift required for 32" tires? I have a pretty mint 2000 XJ so I dont want to trim the fenders or do any body work. I was looking at installing a RE6030 3.5" lift in the spring. Thanks in advance.

With that kit...........and the RE longer shackles and spacers, 32's will be doable. May rub disconnected though. I have that kit with spacers and the shackles and run 31's and stock steelies with no problems disconected.

Dave

I got 32's on 3.75bs rims with a RC 4.5" lift and full leafs, it will hit the fenders in the rear under flex

(no trimming yet)

a 3" lift would be fine with 32s if you didn't mind rubbing. You don't have to trim much, just at the bottom of the fenders. I've got 3" lift and 32s and very minimal trimming.

I have that kit with 32' bfg's. I ran it a while with no trimming on my 99. The only place I needed to trim for dd-ing was at the bottom rear part of the front flare. Disconnected was another story. I have now relocated my front flares higher (about 2") and it works great. You could add a little more bumpstop to the front and be fine for dd-ing and mild offroading. Good luck!

Back