• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Minimum Lift for 32's

upstatejeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know with any certainty the minimum amount of lift needed to fit 32" tires? I have a pretty mint 2000 XJ so I'm not looking to do any fender trimming or body work. I had the RE6030 3.5" lift kit in mind for the spring. Thanks in advance.

no trimming id say 3.5 should be good, but your gonna need bumpstops IMO for any amount of lift. i could rub my fenders when they were trimmed with 30s on 6 inches of lift before i bumpstopped. now im running 35s, and plan on running 38s with the same amount of lift. its all in the bumpstops, and trimming. which trimming if trimming is out of the question, then measure, get some hockey pucks, and hit the trail

Oh Jesus...*sigh*...have you tried searching?

A 3.5" would be TIGHT. Most people go with a 4.5". If you are wheeling at all...I wouldn't recommend the 3.5".

with my 4.5 RE kit I had to trim tiny and I mean tiny pieces of my front bumper and back of the front flare. It wouldn't ruin the look of the heep. As soon as I started wheelin it the flares started popping off

0 inches. hack away.

3.5 and trimming

Depends if you disconnect front sway bar. I have the 3.5 and it was tight connected. Use the discos and expect carnage. Go 4.5, WAIT nooooo get the 5.5 and long arms. Do it once and do it right!

how about stock lift and 52's?

52s.jpg

honestly though

I had to trim with 32s on a 6" lift with no bumpstops.

so 3.5" would be ideal with some trimming and bumpstopping required.

I have a 99 classic with a RE 3.5 lift on it. I am currently running
33x10.5 on factory rims. They tuck under real well and do not scrub
anything except LCA's at full lock. Granted this is not diconnected.
The RE3.5 kit is best for 31's and light trimming.

I have a 99 Classic with the RE 3.5 kit. I am currently running
33x10.5's on factory wheels. I picked these so that I did not have to
lose the factory flare look. They tuck up really well. No trimming has been
done and I only scrub the LCA's at full lock. Granted this is not disconnected.

I think some of you are missing one of his main points...he said WITH NO TRIMMING.....4.5" lift.

djblade311 said:
honestly though

Wait a second.....am I the only one who is confused here...I know it's early but geez. So, you had to trim on a 6" lift w/32's and you are telling him to go 2.5" less? He said NO trimming. :doh:

djblade311 said:
how about stock lift and 52's?

52s.jpg

this is the coolest stupid thing i have ever seen, ROFLMAO

honestly though

upstatejeeper said:
Does anyone know with any certainty the minimum amount of lift needed to fit 32" tires? I have a pretty mint 2000 XJ so I'm not looking to do any fender trimming or body work. I had the RE6030 3.5" lift kit in mind for the spring. Thanks in advance.
Here you go!4.5" w/ 32's and proper bumpstops.It all just clears!
bump12.jpg

32" tires, 3" lift, minimal trimming, no swaybars, extended bumpstops. Minimal rubbing when flexing a lot....but it doesn't matter to me. So the tires hit some plastic a bit while wheeling, not a big deal. They don't rub, other than on the LCAs at full lock, on the road at all.

nhwheelin083.jpg

1595969_188_full.jpg

nhwheelin129.jpg

Much better than running 31s!!

Here it is stuffing 31s
4_8_06_Wheelin007Medium.jpg

All I did for trimming when I added 32s was trim the bottom 4-6" off of the rear of the front fender flares, and the same to the front of the rear fender flares.

32s will get you over just a little bit more than 31s!!!! They're almost 33s!!

The lift is a 3" rusty's lift, but the front springs are the HD ones for if you have an aftermarket bumper and winch, which on this jeep I do not have, so maybe you could consider it a 3.5" lift??? Less than 4" for sure.

It's not the lift. It's the bumpstopping. I'd go 4.5" with proper bumpstops.

The newer flares dont stuff as well as the old style.

I'd try 3.5 on the old style flare if I were planning on keeping it the same forever.(like that ever happens)

Back