• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spare front driveshaft in good shape?

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My front driveshaft is bent enough that I can't run on the pavement with it anymore. I've been putting it on/off when I go wheeling, but not only is that irritating, now Geoff of all people thinks he can pick on me about the condition of my rig, so i guess its time to deal. ;)

Anyone have a spare front driveshaft in decent shape sitting around? I can swap it for my not spare front driveshaft that shakes like a mofo over 40 mph ;)

Cool let me know. I snagged Crackers old trail spare last night, but by hand it doesnt feel much better than mine does. I dont really mind having to bolt the shaft on when I leave the pavement, but i do a lot of 45+ mph offroad and I'm sure its hard on my transfer case and front end.

The auto/242 should be the same length as the auto/231 right? I'm pretty sure its just the rear that would be different.

I have one but I am not sure if I gave Rollins the front or rear,contact him and ask,if you want what I have left I can bring it to JV it has been in my trailer tool box for a long time(231 auto)........SANTA

Cal, I have a decent shaft from a '92 231. I would like to trade for some rear leafs or a gas tank skid or I would take $50 for it, but you're welcome to borrow it for JV. Just let me know.

what kind of rear leafs are you looking for?

I'm going to roll on crackers trail spare for JV, i'm just looking for something semi perm so I can run on the highway without pulling it.

jeeze, driveshafts coming out of your ears people.

first good one i can get my hands on earns an equal favor back. ;)

Still need one? I might still have my original one. Might be a little loose in the splines, but you're welcome to it.

It's not a couple inches shorter from your Robbie Gordon impersonation? :)

I've tried 4 that people have given me so far, and they have all been too short (yet my orignal works, is just bent a hair?).

I'm probably just going to fork out the cash to get a new one made.

I've tried 4 that people have given me so far, and they have all been too short (yet my orignal works, is just bent a hair?).

I'm probably just going to fork out the cash to get a new one made.

I wonder if the bent DS caused the roll over.... :rtm:

E

Back