• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sppedo gear?

Since a new thread is started on this. Are the 242s and the 231s interchangable? Mine is a '92 and www.allchrysler.com told me that the 35 tooth ones were discontinued/unavailable. That was after I waited 2 weeks and had to email them asking when my order would be shipped.

comanche91 said:
If you need a 30-tooth for your 01 XJ (short shaft), get it at chryslerpartsdirect.com, p/n 52067630, $7.57 + shipping. This will fit your NP231 case.
Cool thanks for the help just orderd it up. :worship: :yelclap:

F9K9 said:
Since a new thread is started on this. Are the 242s and the 231s interchangable? Mine is a '92 and www.allchrysler.com told me that the 35 tooth ones were discontinued/unavailable. That was after I waited 2 weeks and had to email them asking when my order would be shipped.

First question, yes. 242 and 231 are interchangable.

Second question, I just ordered and received (2 months ago) a 35 - 38 tooth long shaft for my 91, and received them all from chryslerpartsdirect.com. The 35 tooth p/n is 52068156. Have your local dealer do a search for availability on their dealer-wide net.

comanche91 said:
First question, yes. 242 and 231 are interchangable.

Second question, I just ordered and received (2 months ago) a 35 - 38 tooth long shaft for my 91, and received them all from chryslerpartsdirect.com. The 35 tooth p/n is 52068156. Have your local dealer do a search for availability on their dealer-wide net.
Thanks for the info! I am still waiting on a part from chryslerpartsdirect.com that I ordered in April. I can't get a real person to talk to me on the phone about that order and they will not return a call when prompted on their voice mail so, I do not want to order from them again.

I tried my local dealership, the service manager is a fairly decent friend. and got a quote of $140+ so, that is a dead end. The part number that I came up with is actually 52068157 but, you are probably correct.

I am going to run with the 35 tooth gear from http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/oscommerce/index.php?cPath=153 and give it shot.

Back