• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil spring clip retainer bolt thingy won't go back in...

citRon

NAXJA Forum User
finished putting on my 2" spacers....so I go to put my spring retainer clipsback on, and one goes in...easy, like without screwing- I guess the hole is stripped out? The other side, it will barely hold. ?? never heard of this, has anyone else? I'm thinking those little suckers might be needed to hold that spring in!

It's really common. Every Jeep I've ever worked on had them stripped. Make your own and use a self-tapping screw (two sizes larger works best from my experience). You can also use a conduit clamp (hold electrical conduit to the wall).

Ya on both the front axles I have put on the front of my Jeep this has happened. I only have one clip in there right now.

X2 on the conduit clamps (get them at any hardware store like home depot) and some self tapping screws. Thats what I did on my 95, worked great

I had to drill mine out, tap the holes, and install the next bigger size bolts.

Back