• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yet another dana 30 question.

Brian Strickland

NAXJA Forum User
o.k. gods of the forum this is what i got...

1) 2000 low pinion dana 30.
2) RE 6200/dpg hybrid with acos. about 6 in of lift all together.
3) 4.56's, truetrac, 33's

so of course i have a vibration at around 55-60 mph. my lca's are shimmed as much as can be for caster and my ride is still shitty on the hwy. i really don't wheel as much as i originally planned to do, this jeep mostly travels pavement and forest service roads in the great pacific northwest.

the options i have come up with:
1) get a lp 30 from a 96-99 to correct angles. build cost with housing probably around 700-900 depending on the procurement source of the housing.
2) get a manual hub kit either MM or warn. and keep the axle i got. 900-1250 depending on the kit.
3) save and get a currie built or other built axle. 2500ish.

my goal is to keep it roadworthy, i don't think i'll ever run anything over a 33.

now i have thought if i ever go to a 35 it'll be a bfg at , which only weighs 4-5 pounds more than my 33 bfg mt. my thought is if drive hwy distance the lower rpm may actually help with gas mileage. and again i don't wheel much anymore , but i like to have the capability if the need arises. so what would you all do? i'd appreciate sound advice, but flame on if you must.

and learning to weld and fab is just not in the cards at this stage in my life.

sounds like you n eed a long arm upgrade for your lift. That would fix your vibs and your ride quality.
Did you do a SYE and new drive shaft with the kit if not thats a must too. For the Vib's

hammerandnailsco said:
sounds like you n eed a long arm upgrade for your lift. That would fix your vibs and your ride quality.
Did you do a SYE and new drive shaft with the kit if not thats a must too. For the Vib's

yes i have an advanced adapters sye kit and my rear 44 is shimmed properly. my front driveshaft was just rebuilt and balanced. my unit bearings are almost brand new. it is most definately the front angles. would a long arm correct that?

Brian Strickland said:
yes i have an advanced adapters sye kit and my rear 44 is shimmed properly. my front driveshaft was just rebuilt and balanced. my unit bearings are almost brand new. it is most definately the front angles. would a long arm correct that?
Ya long arms are adjustable and give a better ride plus more flex and better angles.
I think most guys here like the Rockcrawler or TnT kits both are around 800.00 the tnt is bolt on:yelclap:

I had the same issues, went to hp from an older XJ. Not sure what lift the RE 6200 is, but if you already have adj. control arms, get the drop brackets and braces. If you dont have adj control arms, go for the long arm upgrade. Both upgrades, for me, were night and day differences. My wife will actually ride in it now, well, after I clean it out! LOL

I'm pretty sure you can pick up a junkyard High Pinion 30 and regear it for alot less than that. You can also improve your ride quality with drop brackets for less money than a long arm lift kit.

My lift is the same as yours. I have a HP30 and drop brackets and my ride is unbelievably better than when I had just a 3" lift without them.

yes i have drop brackets installed. so i guess my best, most cost efficient option is to transplant a hp d-30 into my xj. so as i understand it , i won't be able to re-use my unit bearings off the 2000? also the whole ABS thing doesn't matter to me, i already disabled the abs motor when i installed my rear d-44. is there anything else i need to know besides the above? thanks for the info, keep it coming.

Back