• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

passenger car vs Jeep 0:1

GrimmJeeper said:
glad ur ok, the link is to your calico pics?
You caught me mid edit (I accidently posted the wrong link first time around).
Yeah, I'm in one piece and so is the jeep. He saw the dent on the side that came from Calico and nearly had a heart attack. He actually nearly had a heart attack when I came out of the jeep all pissed in my camo shirt, bdu pants and with a stetson on top of my noggin :D

Kejtar said:
You caught me mid edit (I accidently posted the wrong link first time around).
Yeah, I'm in one piece and so is the jeep. He saw the dent on the side that came from Calico and nearly had a heart attack. He actually nearly had a heart attack when I came out of the jeep all pissed in my camo shirt, bdu pants and with a stetson on top of my noggin :D

Polishredneckaphobia.. understandable really:)
How many accidents (on the street) has that jeep been in? I remember you talking about one in a parking lot and now this one; you're a crappy driver magnet.

slowrider said:
Polishredneckaphobia.. understandable really:)
How many accidents (on the street) has that jeep been in? I remember you talking about one in a parking lot and now this one; you're a crappy driver magnet.
haven't had one in the parking lot, but I did rearend someone a while back when he stopped in the middle of an intersection. Otherwise then that, I don't think this one was in any other accidents.

Hey Remi,

I am glad no one got hurt and the Jeep is OK.

So what's the story? How did it happen? What did the Chevy have to do with it? What happend to his axle?

traffic slowed down and stopped in front of me, so I stood on the brakes. I stopped, the guy behind me did not... at least at first.

Then the while truck behind him slowed down and stopped in time but the one with the tar trailer did not... hit him in the back and somehow got thrown out to go around sideways...... look at how he ripped his rear axle off as he was passing. I think he did that on the other guys' trailer.

It's those darn tiny little brake lights you have. :laugh3:

Maybe he was mesmerized by your spinning spare tire. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kejtar said:
I don't think the size of the brake lights makes a difference in this case. The guy claimed he didn't see my rig at all :eek: !
Herculiner is now to be called freeway camo :lecture: they need a warning label that states you'll be invisible to idiots on the freeway

At least you've got a police report. Some guy blew a redlight and I t-boned him a couple weekends ago. I'm doing the physics on how you would be clear of an intersection if you entered it on the yellow now. Bent the stock bumper around the factory tow hooks, and wiped everything off th face of it, rubber pieces, end caps. Oh, took out the bezel and turn signal lights on the drivers side, busted the clip for the headlight, and broke both fogs turning one into the grill. Ie. merly a flesh wound. It was a 98 Dodge Dakota, and the Jeep took out the whole side of his bed, pushed it in past the wheel. I was wishing I had the new bumper on so I could hop out with a can of Krylon, laugh at his ass and touch up scratches in front of him. :) His insurance company is claiming I'm 20% liable for not paying attention, when I saw the whole thing and left 30+ feet of skidmarks trying to avoid hitting him.

Mark

markw said:
At least you've got a police report.
I didn't hang around for that. I had better things to do and have no visible damage to the rig, so I'm not worried.
Some guy blew a redlight and I t-boned him a couple weekends ago. I'm doing the physics on how you would be clear of an intersection if you entered it on the yellow now. Bent the stock bumper around the factory tow hooks, and wiped everything off th face of it, rubber pieces, end caps. Oh, took out the bezel and turn signal lights on the drivers side, busted the clip for the headlight, and broke both fogs turning one into the grill. Ie. merly a flesh wound. It was a 98 Dodge Dakota, and the Jeep took out the whole side of his bed, pushed it in past the wheel. I was wishing I had the new bumper on so I could hop out with a can of Krylon, laugh at his ass and touch up scratches in front of him. :) His insurance company is claiming I'm 20% liable for not paying attention, when I saw the whole thing and left 30+ feet of skidmarks trying to avoid hitting him.

Mark
20%????? are they nuts????????????

Kejtar said:
I didn't hang around for that. I had better things to do and have no visible damage to the rig, so I'm not worried.

20%????? are they nuts????????????

Yup, I've got skid marks, witnesses and everything. Plus $2k in damages to the front of the jeep. I'll fix it myself, black out the grill/bezels and throw winch bumper on it for way less, but still, body shops are mid 1900 to 2100.

Mark

I don't get how a guy can break the law, cause an accident and still have the insurance claim you're partly at fault.

He says he entered the intersection on the yellow. Math doesn't work out, I've timed the lights, measured everything. He would've been clear of the intersection had he entered on a yellow, or he'd been doing < 15mph across it. Which he wasn't, he passed people that stopped for the light. Going to take up the debate again with the adjuster. I won't settle for less than 100%. I found my Aux fan is broken too, and that wasn't on the estimate.

Mark

Back