• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winch mount

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking of mounting a winch behind my factory crossmember. I would have to fab up a mount of somekind. My question is has anyone done this? any pics advise would be great.
Also what about having a winch under the jeep with all the snow mud etc. Will that F it up?

They're hard to come by but I've seen factory mounts the stay behind the bumper. Have you looked at the Detours winch mount? It's pretty cool.

lowrange2 said:
They're hard to come by but I've seen factory mounts the stay behind the bumper. Have you looked at the Detours winch mount? It's pretty cool.
no I haven't I'll check it out.
do you have a link or?

Ya thats sweet. I wish I hadn't built myself a bumper already. I'd use that as a starting point for a custom bumper that could be very cool.
Do you think the extra mud etc from being under the bumper would hurt a winch if I mounted it under there? I know some companies make hidden winch bumpers.

Well enough mud on any mechanical object is gunna kill it... eventually. Keeping it clean is part of maintaining it. It'll be fine if you pressure wash it just after you get it nasty. If you drive in nasty weather where roads are salted every other day you should either keep it covered or clean it frequently.

check out the jeep cherokee forum on pirate4x4
i know vette boy just put a xrc8 behind the cross member.
very good job too.

Back