• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone use RE 3.5 w/OME shocks

pb250r

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone had experience running a RE 3.5 super ride with OME shocks? I search the forums and found little information on this. I'm concerned about the harness of ride with RE. I want to run RE in case I decide to go bigger later on. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks...

There are a bunch around who run that setup. I *highly* recommend going with the Super FLEX kit instead. For the price difference, you can't beat the longevity of the RE pack vs. stock w/ AAL. It's actually a wonderful ride and valving is designed for the kind of rates RE uses on that kit.

Oh, and OME shocks...use the long travel ones (N35L and N36L, IRC).

ECKSJAY said:
There are a bunch around who run that setup. I *highly* recommend going with the Super FLEX kit instead. For the price difference, you can't beat the longevity of the RE pack vs. stock w/ AAL. It's actually a wonderful ride and valving is designed for the kind of rates RE uses on that kit.

Oh, and OME shocks...use the long travel ones (N35L and N36L, IRC).

I plan on being "offroad" about 5% of the time. This is primarily a DD. I don't think I'd need the super flex system.

I'd go with the OME 3" system, throw in the OME AAL, or a 1" shackle in the rear, which should put you at about 3.5 or even 4 inches....add an ACOS or a poly spacer up front to level it out...get some JKS control arms and you'd be good to go, with a much better on road ride than RE.

I am running the RE 3.5" Super Flex system on my '00 XJ w/ OME Shocks. I highly recommend this setup. I have been running this for 3 years now and I have been offroading just a few times. I carry a lot of weight in the cargo area frequently, so I went with the leaf packs instead of the add-a-leaf. Hope this helps you out with your decision.

JNickel101 said:
I'd go with the OME 3" system, throw in the OME AAL, or a 1" shackle in the rear, which should put you at about 3.5 or even 4 inches....add an ACOS or a poly spacer up front to level it out...get some JKS control arms and you'd be good to go, with a much better on road ride than RE.

Ding Ding Ding!

This is very much what I'm looking at. I detailed my proposed parts list and had some questions here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=932642

pb250r said:
I plan on being "offroad" about 5% of the time. This is primarily a DD. I don't think I'd need the super flex system.

AALs ride 10 times worse.

Full packs and AAL's are not what makes the difference between the SR and SF kit. The differences are in the control arm bushings and the sway bar disconnects

An RE 3.5 kit will provide an adequate on road ride, although I have read that a full OME kit will ride smoother, you won't get as much lift out of OME

My RE 3.5 gave 5" in the rear and a bit over 4" in the front. I added spacers and shackles to round it all up to an even 6" so I can not really comment on the ride of the kit alone.

A lot of things will effect your ride, good full packs are going to ride better than AAL's, Shocks and tire combos and tire pressure and control arm angles (amount of lift) will make a difference.

Finally, everybodys perception of how their jeep rides is all very subjective. I like the way mine feels on the road, but it is a lifted Jeep, I don't expect it to ride like a Lexus

I just installed an RE superflex 3.5 with full leafs with OME on a 2000 cherokee. Also used the adjustable track bar abd front brake line extensions. Just finished today. the rear gave me about 5.5 and the front about 4.25. I won,t put spacers up front until i see the heighth with all the bumpers and roof rack built. Drove it very little today but the ride is way better than stock!!! Hope this helps!!

pb250r said:

I said nothing of wheeling. I answered your questions and offered up my experience on the matter. ;) It's your money/ride/truck/time. :wave1:

pb250r said:

I would still recommend the super flex kit. I daily drive mine and it's on road for 95% of the time. I think it makes that 95% on-road better and also improves the 5% offroad tremendously.

Back