• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME shocks w/ 4" of lift

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
I have the N35 and N36 on my cherokee now w/ 3 inches of lift...

I'm planning on going up to 4.5 inches over christmas and I have just about all the parts I need... But: I want to keep OME shocks, but that would involve me dropping $300 on new ones (w/ the L designation for long), and I might also possibly have to get an SYE.

Basically, I might revert back to 3" if I get vibes and dont wanna pay for an SYE and new shocks, and so on. Anyways....

Will I be able to run the NON L shocks w/ 4.5" as long as I don't flex, until I decide to get new ones or go back to 3"? I mean, I have gotten some damned long travel out of them before back when I was at stock level.

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

Yes you can run them on pavement without any detrimental effects what so ever. Its just that when you flex out you will max the shock out and ii might dammage it. But for testing vibes at speed, 100% go for it.

sounds good...

I guess I can close this discussion verbally.

j33pownr said:
Yes you can run them on pavement without any detrimental effects what so ever. Its just that when you flex out you will max the shock out and ii might dammage it. But for testing vibes at speed, 100% go for it.

X2, you will be fine. I ran stock Rancho's (0-3") untill I got my "L" version Nitro's. These are great shocks by the way!

I'm currently running my normal N35 and N36 shocks on a 5.5" lift although I must admit I haven't really flexed it since the recent lift, but on the street and over speed humps it perfect. I do however have shock spacers fitted front and rear

07122006002.jpg

09122006005.jpg

Prior to the lift increase to 5.5" I ran them on a 4" lift (OME lift + BB lift) also with the shock spacers and had no problems what so ever getting great flex:

IMG_0242.jpg

10507038.jpg

With my current lift will however be swopping the front shocks out for long travel OMEs and in the rear I'll be moving the shock mounts up onto the axle tube - this might allow me to keep the normal length rear shocks, but I need to flex and measure to be certain.

Back