• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oh no, broken bolt--

RShotl

NAXJA Forum User
I was trying to remove my seat, and one of the heads of the bolts holding the seat rail to the floor's head snapped right off

am I in trouble here? I really don't want to have only 3 bolts holding the seat down

I had the same thing happen a while back and I drove w/ 3 bolts but the seat seemed a bit unsecure still. So, I just tacked the seat frame to the broke off bolt and the problem was solved. If you do do this, make sure you use a welding drop cloth or a welding shield or you will burn the hell out of your seat or carpet. Another option would be to use something like PB Blaster and soak the broke off portion and then drill it out or use an easy out to extract the broke off bolt.

Depending on which one it is, you might be able to grab the remaining portion that sticks through the floor with vice grips or a small pipe wrench, from underneath....

Had the same happen to me - even broke the ez-out trying to remove it. Then spent the next hour or so trying to drill it out with no success (guess I need some new/better drill bits). I just left it. Seat seems fine so far.

Back