• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks?

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone use these? I have an RE 5.5+ lift and I am looking for comfort in a shock and something to help my "body roll" since I am on the road 80% of the time as a DD and the DT3000 suck. I was thinking to go with OME but have recently seen these and they adveritse that they help with body roll and with the jolts associated with pot holes and bumps. My DT's work great for offroad but suck daily driving.

thanks

I have them in the front of my XJ and they work good.

I've jumped my heep dozens of times and they are still hanging on

I put them on my 06 Z71, but unfortunatly our crack head farm worker was using my truck to run for parts and apparently did not understand that a red light means "stop" and he totaled out the truck. So, for the 3 or 4 months they were on there I thought they were good shocks! I have not tried them on any of the Jeeps yet,but they did reduce body roll on the truck.

I was poking around on their website and seems they don't offer the Performer, only the Extreme for lifted vehicles. I only see mounting eyes on the end of their shocks though, no studded ends like factory shocks. Does anyone know if they are available or will I have to go with JKS upper conversion kits for the mounting them. One more thing, when you add those type of kits, I assume you lose about an inch does this make that big of a difference when ordering the shock since they have ones for 3-4" lifted and 4-6" lifted vehicles?

The front shocks I have are like the factory with a stud at the top.

I used the ones for a dodge ram pu

They work mint

2001XJ said:
I was poking around on their website and seems they don't offer the Performer, only the Extreme for lifted vehicles. I only see mounting eyes on the end of their shocks though, no studded ends like factory shocks. Does anyone know if they are available or will I have to go with JKS upper conversion kits for the mounting them. One more thing, when you add those type of kits, I assume you lose about an inch does this make that big of a difference when ordering the shock since they have ones for 3-4" lifted and 4-6" lifted vehicles?

Just go Bilstein...very similar design. Edelbrock is known for discontinuing shocks and not offering anything in the way of replacements. Dealt with them in the industry and it was a boatload of headaches. Good stuff, just a pain in the ass.

yeah it seems that edelbrock is also new on the shock scene but seem to produce solid stuff - bilstein makes one of the most reputable shocks on the market - i have not heard one person say a neg thing about them

i run the skyjacker platnium model on the front of mine - i got the JKS eye conversion kit and my ride feels 100x better with the gas shocks - the run about 93 dollars each - also the pro comp mx6 series are nice and the rancho adjustable series gas shocks rank up there as well

overall i think the edelbrocks are sweet but go with a shock that has been run more commonly on the XJ - all the shocks mentioned unless you go with an upper level remote resevoir bilstein are cheaper per shock than the edelbrocks

aparke4 said:
all the shocks mentioned unless you go with an upper level remote resevoir bilstein are cheaper per shock than the edelbrocks[/FONT]

7100s with correct valving for the rig make it feel like you're gliding on butter. :angel:

haha well as close to a caddy as you can with a solid front axle!

i also just got an alignment for my new tires and that really made a difference on my ride quality - it wasnt too bad out out wack but man it feels so much better on the road - the gas shocks have really made my ride more stable on the road - that with the skyjacker RR coils is a pretty soft ride and even better with the long arm set up- i have some rancho rs9000 i am putting on the rear when i relocate my shock mounts up on the axle on my 44 so good bye cheap hydro shocks

Back