• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Jamboree, directions and more info

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We're getting close now. It looks like some are still hard at it getting their rigs ready. I got the T-shirt orders, was able to get everything that folks wanted, a few long sleeve shirts and the kids sizes. The shirts are a med blue, I think you'll like them.

We'll have a table set up Fri evening to sell the shirts, sell raffle tickets, and to sign up for Saturday's trails. Please come in to main camp and get signed up for a trail so we can be ready with the needed trail leaders on Sat morning. This is important because we're trying to keep the size of the groups within reason so everyone has a good time and we have a good chance of getting everyone back to camp for the evening festivities. Those of you who are planning on driving up early Sat morning, please post up what trail you want to run so we can include you in the trail plans. We'll line up for trails on the lake bed at 8:00 and pull out at 8:30.

We will have a couple of portable PETT toilets set up on the lakebed by camp. These toilets use WAG bags, which will be set out by each toilet, and they cost $2 each. The bags are reusable for a couple of uses, and if you use them, you need to carry out your own WAG bags.

We'll try to do dinner around 6:30 to 7:00, depending on when everyone gets back from the trails. Please come by and pick up your shirts if you ordered one or want one, and buy some raffle tickets. The raffle will be after dinner, and it looks like there is plenty of good stuff to win.

We will camp on Means Dry Lake, which is on Boone Rd about 3 miles north of Hwy 247 in Johnson Valley. If you're coming from I15, get off on Bear Valley Rd and go east to Lucerne Valley. There is a 4 way stop in Lucerne where you go straight, which is Hwy 247/Old Woman Springs Rd. Go 22 miles from the stop sign on Hwy 247 to Boone Rd, which is a dirt road that only goes to the left, with a brown BLM Boone Rd sign on the right side of the road. Go north on Boone Rd about 3 miles to the lake bed. If you have an RV, take it slow, Boone Rd isn't very smooth.

If coming from I10, exit onto Hwy 62 and go north to Yucca Valley. Turn left onto Hwy 247 and go 20 miles to Boone Rd, turning right and go the 3 miles to the lake bed.

Everyone drive safe, and we'll see you there. :wave:

Thanks Richard!

I have a table but I have no way of getting it there. If someone from OC is towing or has a trailer, we can make some type of arrangement.

As for those of us coming Sat morning, do you want us to post here or in the other thread on the trail we want to run? I posted in the other thread already.

Thanks for putting this all together!

rpraterxj said:
Thanks Richard!

I have a table but I have no way of getting it there. If someone from OC is towing or has a trailer, we can make some type of arrangement.

As for those of us coming Sat morning, do you want us to post here or in the other thread on the trail we want to run? I posted in the other thread already.

Thanks for putting this all together!

Either way, except in the other thread I don't know who's driving up early on Sat. Just trying to be ready for everyone. :)

I've got one of those smaller 4 foot tables in the basement of the RV, I'll be there early Friday, you're welcome to it, but I'll need it for grilling later on. :)

Goatman said:
Either way, except in the other thread I don't know who's driving up early on Sat. Just trying to be ready for everyone. :)

OK, I will be driving up Sat AM. Planning on running Claw!

Leaving OC no later than 5:30 AM!

I plan on going up sat morning, I'm in riverside 215/60

rpraterxj said:
OK, I will be driving up Sat AM. Planning on running Claw!

Leaving OC no later than 5:30 AM!

mgt said:
I plan on going up sat morning, I'm in riverside 215/60

What trail do you want to run?

Hey Jeeperjohn and mgt,

look into the Sat day trip thread for meeting up info....

well i will probably be tagging along, i wont have my mj though, i just had surgery 5 pins installed, so i sont want to mess my shoulder up any more, i may just be there for support, either way ill probably attend just to snap pics and whatnot!

tuesdaysfall said:
well i will probably be tagging along, i wont have my mj though, i just had surgery 5 pins installed, so i sont want to mess my shoulder up any more, i may just be there for support, either way ill probably attend just to snap pics and whatnot!

There are always empty seats, so you won't have any trouble finding a ride for the trail of your choice. Glad you want to make, it will be fun!

hey richard! thanks again for putting this on. i was hoping to get up on friday but i looks like i will be there saturday morning. i was figuring to take it easy this time and run clawhammer. i was wondering if you received my shirt order (lrg) ,i don't know if you lost the list when the system went down. see you early saturday and looking forward to hanging around for awhile this time after the runs!
as the week gets closer to the end i'll try to hook up with anyone coming from o.c. since i'll be up in yorba linda near the end of the week.

Mike, I got the order. See you Sat,

Hey Richard ,
I will also be coming in Sat morning and staying for Sun also

I would like to run
Hard Run on Sat
and on Sun I would like Hard run ;)

BTW thanx for the directions

VegasAnthony said:
Hey Richard ,
I will also be coming in Sat morning and staying for Sun also

I would like to run
Hard Run on Sat
and on Sun I would like Hard run ;)

BTW thanx for the directions

Great! Glad you're going to join us, I haven't seen you in awhile. I assume you know to take Hwy 247/Barstow Rd south from Barstow to the 4 way stop at Lucerne, then left.

We'll have Sun runs. Last year Capt Ron lead a group on Aftershock, and some of us ran Resolution.

Goatman said:
Great! Glad you're going to join us, I haven't seen you in awhile. I assume you know to take Hwy 247/Barstow Rd south from Barstow to the 4 way stop at Lucerne, then left.

We'll have Sun runs. Last year Capt Ron lead a group on Aftershock, and some of us ran Resolution.

I do now..
JK I have never been to JV but have building this whole last year for it.

from that four way stop I can follow the regular directions in right??

it will prolly be dark when I get there..hope I dont wake no one

VegasAnthony said:
I do now..
JK I have never been to JV but have building this whole last year for it.

from that four way stop I can follow the regular directions in right??

it will prolly be dark when I get there..hope I dont wake no one

Anthony, just to be sure, from your direction go south/left on Barstow Rd/Hwy 247 (in Barstow) roughly 30 miles to the 4 way stop in Lucerne Valley, then turn left onto Old Woman Springs Rd/Hwy 247 and go 22 miles to Boone Rd, then left roughly 4 miles to the dry lake bed.

Plenty will arrive in the dark, look for our camp to the left as you come to the lake bed.

Goatman said:
There are always empty seats, so you won't have any trouble finding a ride for the trail of your choice. Glad you want to make, it will be fun!

im not too worried about finding a seat, im a bit worried about agitating my shoulder worse than what it was before surgery...but either way ill be the odd man out, ill be in a shoulder brace and a hyundai santa fe...i know its gay but its the only thing i have that i can drive right now

Back