• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas mileage

230 something, I usually fill up with 5 gallons to go; so that is what I get outta 15.

A little over 300 and fill up with about 17 gallons.

On my stock 94 I get 300-325. Although this is after a complete tune-up. Previously I was lucky to get 240. This was with a 17 gallon fill.

I fill up at 300 and fill it with 17 gallons, a shade more. I've driven it at 80 for a full tank on the way to Boise and gotten 22 MPG / 340 miles before I filled it.
98 AW4 4.0L 30's / 3.73

Funny you ask. I just completed the rebuild on my 99 (I bought it wrecked) and was running the first tank of gas through it last weekend and was bragging to my wife that we had over a 1/4 tank left and we had already gone 242 miles....pop, sputter, sputter...and then I was out of gas. Unbeknownst to me that the gas gauge is not correct. I had a buddy bring me 5 gallons to get me to the station (35 miles away) then added another 15 gallons to it. So now I know to fill up around 200-220 miles to be on the safe side since I live in the middle of no where.

I am running 30's w/ 3.55's

I get about 265 with my 2000
33'' 4.5 lift

Yikes! I am happy to get 200miles on a tank around town. I am figuring around 13mpg around town and 16 or so on the freeway. Maybe I should start looking into it a bit.

33's, 4:56, 6" lift

My '92, on a mostly Interstate commute, was getting 23 MPG, and I was filling the tank every two days. The trip was 90 miles one way, so 360 miles to a fill-up. But, only four start-ups per tank, and no long, steep hills. It still gets better MPG than my '96, driven in pretty much the same way.

I never completely fill my DD because my commute is 6 miles round trip each day. The wife's DD is on 31's with 3.55's and after a full tune-up it gets 13.5 city and 16.5 highway.

I don't know what to do to get more mileage. It has new exhaust with cat, o2, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and all fresh fluids.

Last year coming back from Sturgis we got 347 miles!

Crusher16 said:
A little over 300 and fill up with about 17 gallons.

And I'll add thats on my '91, stock.

340 on 17 gallons at highway speed in the Southern States. 240 in Iowa :rattle:

230 with 31's and stock gears. About 13.4 mph. If I drive like a real grandma and never jump my rpms past 3000, and try to stay less than 2000 on average, I get 17 mph on same trip. But this is an insane way to drive. I was just testing a theory on a tank of gas, but I can't drive that way on a normal basis.

Back