• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

olympic 4x4 rails

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I'm getting a good deal on a set locally ($50). Thats cheaper than the steel to replace the rockers. That and I'm only just getting into offroading. It's not like I'm going on the white knuckle trails anytime soon.

My question is how do they mount and with what? From the pictures, it looks like they mount to the rails front and back and also to the pinch seams in three spots. Is this corrrect? What size and kind of hardware is included in olympic's kit? I'll try calling them tomorrow, but I figured someone on here might have installed them recently or still have the instructions/packing list laying around.

yo i have a set of olympic sliders - the double tube ones - the tube is 2 inch i believe and it tucks very close to the body - they mount with self tappers at the rail so 6 bolts total and 6 on the pinch seam - 6 total so overall 12 per side - i am going to weld them to my frame because i am tying my cage into em

for someone just getting into off roading i would get em - thats a good deal

do you know what size screws? I just want to make sure that I'm using something thats durable and won't shear I guess

Okay so I got them mounted with the directions and the hardware listed on olympics site. Well, almost. They didn't have 3/8" self tapping bolts anywhere I looked. I ended up using 3/8" x 2" lag screws. They don't seem to really grab anything though. In fact, out of all 8 put in, the only ones that seem tight are where the leg doesn't sit flush due to it not being flat.

I was thinking about using some bolts and having them go all the way through the rail and then being fastened with nuts on the other side. Would this work? Obviously, I'd need a long drill bit.

Yeah, that would work and may possibly be the best solution. You could make the holes big enough to put some tubing through the rail in order to sleeve the bolt and use some 3/16 flat stock underneath the nut on the backside of the rail.

yeah make sure you can sleeve it so you wont pinch the frame - most of my self tappers fell out so i am going to do the same thing

Back