• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HAD TO OPEN MY MOUTH!!

pimpgixxer04

NAXJA Forum User
HAHAHA well this just goes to show im a dumbass, in my most recent thread i had stated that i never had a problem with my jeep NOW, as i was coming home from break i realized that my oil pressure gauge wasnt working..but the truck is running fine..the only thing i can think of is the pressure sending unit?? If theres such a thing..i know my friend had one in his car...if this is the cause what kinda prices am i looking at here and where can i get one?:dunno:

On a 98 4.0, at least, the sending unit (there is one) is the gizmo with two wires coming out located directly above the oil filter. Sorry no pic, no batteries in camera. If you got clumsy with the filter wrench you could knock it apart (ask me how I know)
Two wires on a plug type connector, leads into a threaded aluminum unit with a hex cut into it for use with a crescent wrench, right near oil filter. 30$.

You know where the oil filter is right? I hope - you should have changed it yesterday --- its the thing with 2 wires on it! right there!

pimpgixxer04 said:
ya i definetly changed it yesterday which brings up another question is it good to go with a k&n oil filter or does it matter? anyway so theres two wires? ok..got it..
You're fine with a K&N. Personally, I run a Napa Gold (as do many others) with no problems. It's a Wix brand filter (one of the best out there), with the Napa name on it. Runs me about $6 and some change.

Just stay away from Fram and you'll be fine.

Back