• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

K&N intake tube year specific?

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
As the title asks, I have a 97 with a K&N cold air intake tube #57-1518, with the heat shield. It is the FIPK minus the filter, so intake tube, heat shield, hose to valve cover, clamps and rubber tube/hose to connect to throttle body.

Someone was looking to buy it to install in a 94 and was told by K&N they needed #
57-1519.

Is there a reason my intake kit won't work on a 94, and if so why is that. I thought unless it was a Renix it should work ok, but don't want to send him something that won't work (waste of money on both sides)

Is it something that can work, but with specific mods done to it?

thanks for the help.

I have a late model FIPK I was going to put in my '94. In looking at it, we decided that it could work, but you will need to, IIRC, to plug at least one extra hose connector and possible re-route and/or lengthen one or more of the hoses that go to it. It won't be a direct bolt-in, but can work.

thanks, much appreciated. as I said I don't want to sell something that isn't compatible.

Thanks for the help.

Back