• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flex fuel 4.6 stroker?

I've seen where you get better gas mileage w/ E85 with Forced induction/high compression, can you say:
http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/dodge/wrangler40/wrangler40.htm
?
Can you imagine a blown 4.6 stroker running on E85? Just the stroker I'm looking at is 260hp/295lbs/ft, plus bigger throttle body, throttle body spacer, ported and polished head, cam, MSD ignition, Banks header, and Borla/Magnaflow/Flowmaster muffler. Thinking 300+hp 350+lbs/ft. Add a blower and 105 octane?
Of course the blower is just thinking, would be a waste to use it for anything other than a JeepSpeed project. BAJA 1000?

keep0njeepin0n said:
I seriously doubt you'd gain 40hp and 55lb/ft of tourqer with the few bolt-ons you mentioned

I think he could hit at least 30 hp. Could you think about how much fun
the dunes would be? :flame:

I'd be interested to hear anyone who has/is going to put the E85 kit on their 4.0 (ease of installation, tuning, performance upgrades, yadda yadda)

keep0njeepin0n said:
I seriously doubt you'd gain 40hp and 55lb/ft of tourqer with the few bolt-ons you mentioned

You'd be surprised at the kind of gains you can get from freeing the intake/exhaust for better breathing. A lot of factory intake/exhaust systems are very restrictive. and at the heart of all that is the cylinder head/cam. That is the root of how an engine breaths, fix that and you can unleash a entirely different animal inside your engine. I've seen 30 hp from a well done port and polish alone, on the 24 valve 4.6L in the new Mustang. I'm not saying I will get 30 hp from porting the I-6 head but, 40 hp is easy with a good head, cam and exhaust.

Unearthed said:
I'd be interested to hear anyone who has/is going to put the E85 kit on their 4.0 (ease of installation, tuning, performance upgrades, yadda yadda)

A Flex fuel conversion is being seriously considered, but I do not know how well it can be retuned for the stroker and add-ons.

First move E85 then the dream add ons.
For the price of the conversion and the way gas prices are???
SOunds like a smart move.....Only neg i see is how many gas stations supply it.

Back