• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA bushing question...

northwestxj

NAXJA Member #1283
swapping a rubicon front axle into my xj and have a question regarding the upper control arm bushings on the axle. The passenger side one seems to have 'play' side to side. Now Ive never changed out the bushings themselves, so I'm not exactly sure how that works, but it seems as though there is a metal 'sleeve' that is pressed into the axle mount and the bushings fits inside the sleeve. The sleeve is what has the play inside the axle mount and moves back and forth.

Would new bushings fix this? I wouldnt think they would come with this sleeve, correct? Let me know what you guys think, I need to get this fixed soon...

Thats a common problem with the later sheet metal mounts.I started welding mine in,but thats a PITA.Then I bought the JKS solid sleeve for all my rigs and a recent traction bar project using uca bushings!
fh000010.jpg

Back