• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding 1.5" lift - What parts?

anotherskait

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 92xj, 4.0, np231, 8.25 rear with a 3.5" RE kit currently installed. The lift is all suspension (no blocks, shackles, spacers, etc). The kit came with an adjustable track bar, adjustable lowers, and a 1" tc drop. Currently running 31x10.5's

Over the winter, I'm planning on adding a 1.5" budget boost, and going up to 33" tires, trimming the fenders, etc. Just looking for some suggestings on what other things this extra lift will entail.

The plan:
Drop pitman arm.
Adjustable uppers (Are these going to be needed?)
SYE
DS
1.5" spacer lift up front
1.5" shackle lift in the back
ditching the tc drop.
alignment

Are there any other parts needed to get to 4.5/5" lift? Anything I'm missing? Anything I'm planning that isnt needed?

get/ make swaybar dicsos and bumstops

brake lines are proabably going to be needed, get some from a 95 yj non abs, their about 2 inches longer then stock xj ones

why not just trim it and run the 33s. lots of people run that lift and 33s.

I Forgot to include that extended SS brake lines were installed with the original lift. If i need additional length I can relocate the attachment points and bend the hard lines a little bit.
Currently running JKS disco's that should be good to 5.5" (they're bottomed out right now)
Hadn't considered bumpstops - I'll definitely add that to the list.
Lancey3 - I hadnt realized you could clear 33's on 3.5" with trimming. I thought I had to go a little bit higher. I'll definitely consider that. I don't want to go above 33" with the stock d30 up front and 8.25 in the rear...

Back