• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken unibody at steering box

indyjeepnut

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 MJ and the unibody is cracked (broken) at the steering box. It is the worst one that I have seen. I will be installing a C rok plate once I have this fixed. I am looking for sugestions and pictures of how people have fixed this.

Any help would be appreciated.

My trackbar mount broke at the frame...imagine that. I drove it for 2 weeks not knowing that was the issue (thought it was a bad ball joint).

lucky me.

anyways, I welded the cracks all up, and am now making a plate for each side of the frame, that covers all the way to the steering box and around the bottom of the frame. I'll be doing that to both sides then adding a steering brace as well just for added security...

anyways, figured I'd show you some options. good luck! (and pics of the carnage and truck itself are appreciated!)

When you repaire it makes sure you put the sway bar bolts back in.

outlander said:
no offense,but what does that have to do with it?:cheers:

Actually, quite a bit.
There are several layers of material there and having the bolts installed keeps them attached to eachother.

Jes said:
Actually, quite a bit.
There are several layers of material there and having the bolts installed keeps them attached to eachother.
That would be correct.

Back