• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 Seat Help

mrbill3

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to help my disabled neighbor out. He has a 94 Grand Cherokee that has a broken frame on the cushion part of the front drivers seat. I've checked the bone yards in my area and out of 7 yards, there was only one Grand and it had no seats! Does anybody have a front seat or at least the bottom they would be willing to part with?(his are tan but, color doesn't matter) If so, please let me know the particulars. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

this is under the wrong forum - u should hae posted under NAXJA
classifieds.

You might find it cheaper and more effective to take it somewhere and have the broken frame welded and reinforced. It might not turn out to be all that expensive, and might end up better than original. Broken frames are a frequent problem with older (non grand!) XJ's, but it isn't hard to fix and auto upholstery shops can sometimes do it pretty reasonably.

Matthew Currie said:
You might find it cheaper and more effective to take it somewhere and have the broken frame welded and reinforced. It might not turn out to be all that expensive, and might end up better than original. Broken frames are a frequent problem with older (non grand!) XJ's, but it isn't hard to fix and auto upholstery shops can sometimes do it pretty reasonably.
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that the mounting points on the bottom have been ripped out on three of the four corners. He has to push really hard aginst the seat to get his legs in since his knees don't bend too far. I have already welded the frame where I can (several times over the past few years), but now its time to replace the frame. I can reuse the seat cover so all I really need is the frame.

I have one, but shipping would be cost prohibitive, I would think.

Your best bet is probably www.car-part.com Hopefully you can find one locally or at least closer!!

Good Luck.

If you weld, you could weld some tabs to the seat frame for the bolt hold downs.....I have done that before as well.

Sig220 said:
I have one, but shipping would be cost prohibitive, I would think.

Your best bet is probably www.car-part.com Hopefully you can find one locally or at least closer!!

Good Luck.

If you weld, you could weld some tabs to the seat frame for the bolt hold downs.....I have done that before as well.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try them, but if they don't have one I may see what it would cost to ship the one you have. As fo the welding...It's been welded to death over the last 5 years. It's now just worn out.

Well, like Sig220, I also have a boneyard close with about 10 ZJs, all with trashed seats.

When the power seat motor went out in my 1994, I went and got one from this boneyard...a leather one that was trashed, for $35! I imagine the shipping would be horrendous on that though.

Last ditch effort...let me know.

***Oh, out in California , there is a place called J & W Jeep Recycling in Antelope. There web is www.jwjeep.com and the phone is 800.924.9732.

They would ship cheaper than me from Tennessee or Sig220 from Texas. Try them! Maybe you could even go and pick it up...depending where in CA you are.

Back