• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 and driveshaft vs. muffler interference?

XJMarty

NAXJA Forum User
For you 8.8 guys, did you get any driveshaft interefence with mufller caused by the pinion offset more to the pass side?
Did you solve it anyhow?

Mine hit so I wraped a chain around the pipe and then bolted the chain to a bolt that was in the body. It was a temp fix but after I drove it a month then took the chain off to fix it right it stayed in place and out of the way. I guess the heat helped bend the pipe.

The DS hit my stock muffler on my 01 when I installed the 8.8, I just replaced it with a cheapo turbo muffler from work. I could have clearanced it, but the muffler needed replaced anyway.

I haven't had a problem with my 89, I am running a(lengthened) stock front shaft in the rear.

mine hit...then I hit it with the sawzal.....Now there is a 40 series flowmaster up there...it doesn't hit that....

Justin

TellicoReadyXJ said:
The DS hit my stock muffler on my 01 when I installed the 8.8, I just replaced it with a cheapo turbo muffler from work. I could have clearanced it, but the muffler needed replaced anyway.

When did you do that?:gag: :laugh: JIM.

Back