• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackles vs blocks

waserwolf

NAXJA Forum User
what do u guys recommend using for a lift of 1.5-2", does anybody make 1.5" shackles, what size tire does a 1.5" and a 2" lift support? thanks for the input.

get the largest shackle you can find(to a point), then if your leaf packs are stock, do an AAL, last resort use a block, steel and dont go larger then 1.5" if you do

Stay away from blocks at all cost...

Are you working with a budget? if not, or if you have a larger budget, why not get some 2" Old Man Emu springs - front and rear - you'll LOVE the ride quality!!!

And yes, lots of companies make a 1.5-2" shackle....Teraflex and TNT Customs come to mind.

You can run 30x9.5s pretty comfortably with a 2" lift....

I have a 99 with a 2" BB (spacer and S10 bastard pack) 235/75/15 and 30x9.50 both will fit beautifully
I am running 31x10.5x15 on mine right now and as long as you dont disconnect and adjust your steering stops it will fit fine up front
in the rear I have no sway bar and at full stuff it rubs pretty badly on the bumper end where it wraps around the bottom edge of the 1/4 panel (but that buper end covers a pinch weld so I leave it there) if you bumpstop properly in the rear you could get away with em without rubbing

I got a smokin deal on a ste of used 31's otherwise I would have only gone with a set of 30's
on the street the 31's are awesome they dont rub anywhere (as long as the steering stops are adjusted)

as for your original question
check the condition of your leafs first, both blocks and shackles will kill your leafs in a hurry unless they are in perfect shape
your best bet for a nice lift is a full length AAL that way it wont kill your stock leafs

Back