• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff covers

97XJ2

NAXJA Forum User
Allright, i did run a search of the forum and found spotty info. on diff covers (good ones, bad ones, who makes 'em, etc.) so if there are any recommendations out there and if any body knows what happened to crane high clearance, cant find anything anywhere. I'd like to run something like the crane with the recessed button hole bolts or whatever you may call them.

rusty's has some cheap ones that cover the bottom half, like a shield for only $50

good assumption, yes its a 97, i only had to search for a month to find it, 97 2dr, Np242, loaded, ive wanted a xj since high school

Last edited:
X3 on Dan's Ruff Suff.
X4 he's a naxja sponser
I use them front and rear and if you shell out some money for a naxja membership he will give you a discount.

Anyone run rock rings? Like these... http://www.badapplefab.com/

I'm finding it hard to see any advantages of running a ring as opposed to running a new hd cover like the ruffstuff, crane, rugged ridge, solid, and a few others i'm probably forgetting.
I don't play on rocks that much. I see alot more roots and stumps, so I'm wondering if a rock ring will be enough protection.

99greenjeeper said:
holy crap batman, I swear I only hit "post" once!!!

Fixed it for you. I had something similar happen to-day as well (got three or four for one click,) and I think it's just a hiccup in the system somewhere. Just glad it's not only me that had that sort of trouble...

Stumpalump said:
X3 on Dan's Ruff Suff.
X4 he's a naxja sponser
I use them front and rear and if you shell out some money for a naxja membership he will give you a discount.
I have one of Dans covers on the rear of mine. That thing is beef.
Only thing that bothers me is the lip, so for the front I would recommend something like the Crane or Riddler covers.

Starboard M said:
I have one of Dans covers on the rear of mine. That thing is beef.
Only thing that bothers me is the lip, so for the front I would recommend something like the Crane or Riddler covers.

What do you mean by the "lip"?

JNickel101 said:
What do you mean by the "lip"?
Look at the difference between these two covers. The first is a Ruff Stuff one, other is a Riddler. Notice where the bolts are.
chryscover.jpg

image004.jpg

If you were to hit a rock, which do you think is going to slide over a rock better, compared to which is going to catch on a rock.

Here I was driving by braille and the lip caught this rock and put it into a rather compromising position. Obviously better driving would have fixed that, but you can also see where its been hit a couple times.
P1010973.jpg

JeepinCoastie said:
is it just me or do they look like crane rip offs?

oh and ruffstuff all the way... i got front and rear and beat the piss out of them they are great

IIRC, Riddler was started by Crane's founder.

Back