• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Road BPEs

XJ5

NAXJA Forum User
I had started a thread before the server crashed about making some BPEs like the rocky road ones. Someone had offered to sell me theirs and I never got around to replying before the thread was lost. If that person is still offering them, I'd be willing to buy them. Also, what is everyone's opinion on using the stock trackbar bracket for a BPE in the back? TIA

I have the RR BPE's and I'm not impressed. Kind of felt ripped off when I rec'd them...especially since they have about $3 in material in them. I know the sway bar brackets are a good solution.

The great thing about the swaybar brackets is they are free, but some people claim they are bad because they rotate the mount 90*. I'm using some new upcountry ZJ shocks made by Sachs, and would hate to ruin them.

XJ5 said:
The great thing about the swaybar brackets is they are free, but some people claim they are bad because they rotate the mount 90*. I'm using some new upcountry ZJ shocks made by Sachs, and would hate to ruin them.
Its not a claim if your flexxing your Jeep!

rocky road sucks. do a search for rocky road in teh titles only. you'll see.

Yeah, I understand how their lift kits with blocks and shackles might suck, But how could their BPEs really be that bad? I mean it's just a bracket with a sleeved bolt.They seem to be a better design than JKS if you ask me.

Last edited:
Teraflex's BPEs look strangely like swaybar brackets, so they must work ok. I like the design of the RR's because you don't have to take the whole BPE off to change shocks/work on the front axle/etc. The JKS design, you have to take the whole thing off every time.

I'm most likely going to go with the RR's when I do my front shocks next, coupled with the JKS upper conversion mounts.

XJ5 said:
Yeah, I understand how their lift kits with blocks and shackles might suck, But how could their BPEs really be that bad? I mean it's just a bracket with a sleeved bolt.They seem to be a better design than JKS if you ask me.

I don't think their BPE's are necessarily bad...I just think they are overpriced...considerably.

I was responding more to selarep. But yeah, I agree with you that they're way overpriced for the material involved. That's why I was planning on making a set of my own.
selarep said:
rocky road sucks. do a search for rocky road in teh titles only. you'll see.

Did you not read the thread like i asked? you should, you'll see more of what i'm talking about there.

So what constitutes a good shock that lets you rotate the mount? I have the factory ZJ upcountry shocks. Is it true that this will cause binding when you flex the jeep?

Has anybody tried mounting the swaybar brackets 90* from the original shock mounts on the body of the jeep? I just thought of this and haven't looked to see if it would be possible. Could you drill and bolt them in, or would you have to weld them?

TellicoReadyXJ said:
Teraflex's BPEs look strangely like swaybar brackets, so they must work ok. I like the design of the RR's because you don't have to take the whole BPE off to change shocks/work on the front axle/etc. The JKS design, you have to take the whole thing off every time.

I'm most likely going to go with the RR's when I do my front shocks next, coupled with the JKS upper conversion mounts.
I have used both RR, and JKS. Pros and cons with ether. Unless your removing your shocks allot I like the JKS's. The RR's will reduce your shock length 1.5".
JKS's are like .750. That may or may not matter to you, but with that and the higher quality of the JKS. The JKS gets my vote

if you can find someone selling the rro bpe is then buy them. they are pretty damn thick and looks constructed very well. i wouldnt order from rro unless you have about a month or so to spare for the install because their customer service sucks bad and they are asshole, but yea i like the look of my bpes, havent installed them yet. i also like the fact if you screw up a shock you dont have to mess with taking the bpe off, because we all know how bad those damn bolts break. wish rro would have shipped about 3 weeks faster or i wouldnt have to go through that bull shit again.

selarep said:
Did you not read the thread like i asked? you should, you'll see more of what i'm talking about there.

are you talking about the thread about their customer service that you starter (i think it was you i dont remember)?

i read it.

at least you got a response from them!

a month or so ago i sent them a few emails asking about their BPE's to this day they still have not responded. so i decided to go with JKS even though its more money.

i have JKS on right now and i like them.

tclapp_88 said:
are you talking about the thread about their customer service that you starter (i think it was you i dont remember)?

i read it.

at least you got a response from them!

a month or so ago i sent them a few emails asking about their BPE's to this day they still have not responded. so i decided to go with JKS even though its more money.

i have JKS on right now and i like them.

Yes, they also lie about their products. They just suck in my book and I am letting everyone know it too.

selarep said:
Yes, they also lie about their products. They just suck in my book and I am letting everyone know it too.

i didnt read the whole thread, but from what i saw looks like others have some of the same problems with them.

In spite of alot of the opinions here, I ordered the RR BPE's. 2 front lower, and 2 rear upper for $22 plus shipping. Pretty good deal to me. The install went pretty good, a little problem getting the old bar pin out and getting the new metal sleeve in, but it worked eventually. I'm very happy with the result and can't wait to have a reason to take the shocks off. It will be a ton easier.

Back