• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting parts together.

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Alright I have a 2000 cherokee and I am going to be needing these bolts and I want to get them all replaced when I do my lift.

damn ome for not including these.

Rear Shock bolts (uppers/lowers)
Front Shock bolts (uppers/lowers)
Leafspring bolts (the ones passing thru the leaf pack bushings) (front/rear)

Where can I get these? lowes?

Well, rear shocks have a stud on the lower...nothing to replace. Rear shock uppers are studs as well, so as long as they don't break when you go to take out the old shocks, you'll be good there. If they break, you'll have to do some drilling, and creative bolt insertion.

Front shocks...the upper is a stud on the shock, and the lowers are a couple of bolts that can be sourced from your local tractor supply or hardware store.

Leaf spring bolts...hmmm, maybe the dealer? Dunno, but I would hope that these wouldn't have to be replaced.

are you replacing the leaf springs? kits usually come with the leaf spring bolts, unless you are just doing an add a leaf. call them and ask about it. the shock hardware would come with the shocks. did you get new shocks with your kit? maybe you are missing the hardware bags.

yeah, how is it that OME can charge like twice what everyone else charges for a lift kit, and not include some bolts?

I have a local store that only stocks fasteners (nuts, bolts, washers, rivits, etc.). I usually just pull bolts and take them with me and get replacments. I have never gotten anything that was more than $1 each and most pieces are only pennies each.

Try your yellowpages for hardware or fasteners.

Jess said:
I have a local store that only stocks fasteners (nuts, bolts, washers, rivits, etc.). I usually just pull bolts and take them with me and get replacments. I have never gotten anything that was more than $1 each and most pieces are only pennies each.

Try your yellowpages for hardware or fasteners.

Fastenal? http://www.fastenal.com/

Back