• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

25th Anniversary Celebration, a few details

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The actual event dates will be Oct 7-12, '08. We'll have trail runs planned for each day, with sign up sheets for each run available when you register at the event. There will be an event fee to cover expenses and the nominal charge we have to pay to the BLM for each rig on each trail that we use. I imagine we'll get an official registration page up sometime in the spring.

Slickrock Campground will be the official event headquarters. Here is a link to their website: http://www.slickrockcampground.com/ There are other campgrounds and RV parks in Moab, some with cabins, and plenty of motels. Here is a good website with lodging and plenty of other information: http://www.moab-utah.com/

There will be a number of activites during the week. We'll do a show and shine like we did at the 20th Anniversary event, where we had 120+ XJ's in the park. There will be a number of show categories with awards, as well as just parking, hanging out, and getting a chance to get a close look at the other rigs. We're also going to do a game day this year, with some fun vehicle games for some friendly competition. There will be a chapter team competition included in the game day, with awards and bragging rights on the line, to continue the tradition started by the CO/CA challenge at the 20th Anniversary event. This should be a real fun time.

Friday night will be a dinner and raffle, when all the awards will be given out from the show and shine and the game day, plus a few other awards in the tradition of past Moab events. Sat night will be an informal dinner, to wrap things up, say good bye, and watch a slide show of the weeks activites. Sat night will also feature the NAXJA BOD members singing a special version of Auld Lang Syne. Should be fun. :)

Event T-shirts and sweatshirts will be pre-sold along with pre-registrations, with a small number of shirts being available at the event. We're going to have a contest this time for the picture that will be used in the event shirt graphics, so hunt through you pics and have a couple of good ones ready, more than one rig in the pic could be a good thing. More details on this later, as we get closer to the event.

We had 170+ rigs in Moab for the 20th Anniversary Celebration, so who knows how many we could have for the 25th. There is already more, and earlier, response than for the last big event. If you haven't had the opportunity to wheel in Moab, it is truely one of the premire wheeling destinations in the world. The combination of fun wheeling at all levels and the fantastic scenery make this a must visit location. Plus, it is unique to be able to stay in town, with places to eat and shop, and groceries and fuel, and then head minutes out of town to great trails in all directions. Yep, way too much going on to miss this trip........this is going to be good!

See you in Moab in '08,

Ahhh the memories... the 20th Anniversary event:

Remi is the first person many people get to meet when they register at Slickrock:
orig.jpg

Midweek BBQ at Slickrock, courtesy of the Midwest Chapter.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Just a few of the Cherokees at the show-n-shine
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Trail Guru XJEEPER at the run sign up table.
orig.jpg

Some trail action. Mil leading on Cliffhanger:
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Yes, you will break things. Midnight campground wrenching action:
orig.jpg

Does Andy go wheeling anymore?
orig.jpg

Richard MC's the Friday night dinner.
orig.jpg

SoCal Chapter slinging hash:
orig.jpg

It was Rick's birthday... did he also win the Bonehead Award?
orig.jpg

Yes it will be a good time.

Goatman said:
We'll have trail runs planned for each day, with sign up sheets for each run available when you register at the event.

Richard, has there been any discussion as to how many runs are going to be available each day?

With potentially 200-300 Jeeps coming, there will have to be be quite a few runs each and every day. And finding enough trail leaders for these runs might prove difficult. With 2007's low turnout, recruiting enough leaders was hard enough.

xjohnnyc said:
Richard, has there been any discussion as to how many runs are going to be available each day?

With potentially 200-300 Jeeps coming, there will have to be be quite a few runs each and every day. And finding enough trail leaders for these runs might prove difficult. With 2007's low turnout, recruiting enough leaders was hard enough.

if you post up looking for leaders i'll throw my name in the hat. i didnt expect this to happen for a while though. put me on your list Richard!

Shoot a PM to XJeeper, Jeff Turner is trail coordinator.

Thanks,

RedHeep said:
I don't remember that in the election details :D

Gotta read the fine print.

:D

btt

hey guys/gals... i haven't posted on naxja yet, but a buddy and me were thinking of bringing our xj's out for this... can someone please point me in the direction we need to go for registration and other information...?

The registration page should be up tomorrow...or soon anyway...this forum will have all the info in it eventually.

well i goin:D! i cant wait ive never been to moab...so do i need to reg. is there any place to camp for free?! me and my buddies like to keep it cheap...like were bringin our own tents?! ill be leaving the 6th and stayin three days:)!

alls i know is im def. making sure i get to go. i just can't seem to find information on vehicle requirments. anybody know? greatly appreciate it. i just wanna know if im racking out money for a locker or two and all that razzmatazz.

Cherroarkee said:
alls i know is im def. making sure i get to go. i just can't seem to find information on vehicle requirments. anybody know? greatly appreciate it. i just wanna know if im racking out money for a locker or two and all that razzmatazz.

Here are the equipment requirements:

Equipment List
1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
2. First aid kit
3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
a. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
b. D-Rings
c. Shackle/Clevis
6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

This equipment is required on every vehicle. What constitutes an adequate spare tire is up to the good judgement of the inspector.

There are trails that can be run in a totally stock vehicle. Equipment requirements beyond that for any particular trail will be posted at the time of trail signup.

Back