• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys adjustable coil spacers

joshjeep

NAXJA Forum User
has anybody got a set of adjustable coil spacers? do you have to cut anything to install them or do they just slip over the upper coil seat? i have done a search but nothing turned up .

I've got a set of the JKS ACOS model. They do require some cutting on some model years, as the bump stop cups are welded on. So some grinding, drilling and tapping will be needed to install, but nothing major. Mine is a '97 XJ, not sure what exact years are welded or bolted on.
No idea on Rusty's junk... however I would assume they are the same way.

Last edited:
Dont know why you would go for the Rusty's "acos" when the JKS one can be had for the same price, if not cheaper....

because here in australia those jks one cost alot, plus they are illegal ,so if the rusty ones just slip on i can alawys remove them if the dot pull me over.then put every thing back to standed and pass the pits again

I'd hate to see what Rusty charges to ship to Australia :)

Understandable...what year is your XJ?

Yeah, basically what Nickel is getting at here. The Spacers will/won't just slip over the tower. I also cannot remember the years, but some you simply have to unscrew the bump stop and throw the spacer on. The years you have to cut and tap are basically the same thing, you just have to do the work that wasn't there from the factory. You can take them off ass easily as you put them on. The only "permanent" modification would be losing the bumpstop. But I don't that is something that is required during your pit testing. So yes, if you did need to remove them you could without too much trouble. I also second the JKS. I can't see how getting the Rustys crap over there would be any cheaper. But maybe you know something that I don't.....................:dunno:

the jeep is a 95 build but plated over here as 96 and if i do have to go over the pits then it would all have to go back to stdas it was fro the factory,so on the jks system what do i have to cut and weld

let this one fall fellas, i just found and read the instructions for the jks sounds like a piece of piss to install i will go with the jks thanks for your input

Back